19

Jennie

As I left the establishment, I immediately flag down a taxi wanting to escape the area in the fastest possible way that I could.

Upon entering the vehicle, I instructed the driver to get to the address that I am currently staying at and I immediately searched for my phone and dialed the number of my so-called friend who had just left me so alone with my ex best friend.

"Deukie..."

"Unnie! Please tell me that you had not concealed everything from me?! You knew she was the supposed client, didn't you?" I heard her sighed.

"Because your reaction would basically be just like this. Jen, she needed help and I know you are the best in your field. Maybe Lisa was just surprised as you are."

"Unnie..."

"Move on Jennie. You know you had done her wrong. Now make use of the opportunity you have now to make amends. Show to Lisa you had changed." I paused and thought of the words that I just heard. I knew deep inside that unnie's words definitely are true.

"Thanks unnie. I am sorry I bursted all my anger at you." Even though she was not in front of me I had a hunch that she was shaking her head in disagreement.

"It was nothing. Get yourself home safely Jennie. If ever Lisa gave you a headache don't hesitate to tell me. I will make sure to get her right." I chuckled knowing how protective unnie was.

As I arrived home, I slumped myself in the couch, as I turned on the television, feeling so exhausted of the meeting that I had with Lisa. I did not imagine that meeting an ex would be so straining.

After a few minutes, I know that laying around would lead me nowhere, I decided to take a look at her supposed affidavit and get a glimpse on what the complaint was all about.

The file talks about an artist signed under Lisa's company who filed a complaint and alleged that the company had violated her right of due process due to the termination of her contract with proper procedure.

As to Lisa's supposed defense the contract was terminated as the artist had violated one of the clause in the contract. The clause that specifically talks about dating. Lisa had also stated that she had personally confronted Kim Hyun - ah upon the receipt of proof of the artist violation. She had talked to her to clear out the supposed speculations but the artist admitted her fault. The artist then signed a document indicating that she was informed and had undergone the entire legal process before her contract was terminated.

Upon reading the case, I knew that it was in favor of Lisa. However, to further strengthen her defemse the evidence of her alleged document signed by the artist should be present in order to invalidate the artist claim of violation.

Knowing what I had to do, I grabbed the card she had gave me and decided to leave her a text.

I read the affidavit. However, I would recommend that you should be able to present the documents thst she had signed. If you have the said document in possession, I would like to meet you personally so I could make your reply and judicial affidavit. When would it be of your convenience?

I reread the text, knowing it already had contained the information I wanted to relay. I hit sent.

I then close the phone and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up closing my eyes in the process to calm myself down as I wait for her reply.

My phone then dingged as soon as I finished my bathroom rituals.

Of course. Tomorrow 10 am. The coffee shop near my hotel, meet me there.