17

Jennie

Irene unnie informed me last night that she would pick me up so I can meet the prospective client. I do not honestly know but with the thought of meeting this client, I suddenly feel giddy.

My phone suddenly dinged indicating that I had just received a message.

Deukie, I am already downstairs.

Upon reading the text, I gathered my belongings and immediately went my way.

"Sorry to keep you waiting unnie."

"It's no biggie." And I settled myself on the front seat.

"You okay Jen?"

"Yea.. Honestly, I am feeling quite nervous but I do not really know why unnie." She flashed me a kind of smile that I could quite figure out the meaning behind.

"Everything will be okay. Do not think too much Jen."  With her assurance, I exhaled and faced forward. It was then that I recognized the route that we were taking. Oh God! Please do not take us to that hotel again.

"Unnie. Are you sure this is the route?"

"Yes Jen. The client is living to one of the penthouse in this hotel. Why is there something wrong?" Penthouse. Is it the same one that I spent with the blonde woman?

"Hey, you okay? You suddenly look pale."

"Ye--ah unnie. I am fine. Are you going with me?"

"Yup. Let's go." As we arrived, the hotel staff greeted us and unnie proceeded her way to the elevator.

I cannot seem to stop myself from shaking. Unnie then stepped forward and pressed the floor that we were supposed to meet the client.

And how fucking lovely it was as it was the same floor of the blonde tbat I spent a wild night with.

"Unnie are you sure this is the penthouse of the client?"

"Yes Jen. She has always resided in room 27 ever since." I froze in place as it just confirmed my speculation that it was indeed the room that was haunting my wet dreams.

I was squirming in place with the memory as Irene unnie pulled me as she stride towards the room. Upon entering we are welcomed by the back of a blonde woman.

"We are here!" Irene unnie happily announced.

She slowly turned and said "It has been a long time since we saw each other Irene unnie." She beamed.

And she turned at me. It can't be. That was the statement that was screamed by my mind as it revealed the blonde whom I spent the wild night with. A clear view of the beauty I had longed to see.

Lisa...

I did not expect to blurt it out loud. But her joyful expression suddenly turned cold and stoic as she took in my appearance.

"What is she doing here unnie?" She stated the question darkly which unconsciously made me gulp. I immediately held Irene unnie's hand tightly signifying that I cannot do this. That any moment now I would feld.

I was about to turn around when unnie held me on the spot. She gave me a look to stay put.

"Well you said you needed help for the case that was filed against the company. And here is the help that I offer to you, since Jennie just transferred here, I thought it was a perfect opportunity for her to help you out."

"Nevermind unnie. I can find a new one." It was then that Irene unnie shooked her head in disagreement.

"Don't you think you should be able to separate your personal life to your professional life?" Lisa's gaze turned dimly at unnie. "Jen is the best in the business. Besides the one filing a complaint against you was the company's previous lawyer, I think it would be best if a friend would help another friend in need."

"We are not friends unnie." I looked down upon hearing those words from her and then I felt unnie soothing my back.

"Don't be too stuck up in the past Lisa. Jennie is the best at what she does. Besides unlike you previous lawyer she never betray her client's trust and as a guarantee she never had lost a case." I turned at unnie shocked that she new about my performances in court. She just winked at me and continued. "So what's it gonna be you win the case because you have a reliable counsel or you lose the case because of your ego."

"Fine" and with that she led us to take a sit. This was gonna be a long meeting.