22

Jisoo

It has been a long time since I had heard from Lisa. I just heard from Chae last night that the company had reached a settlement with Hyuna and finally a longstanding problem was solved.

"Good morning Ms. Chu." Lisa's secretary Nayeon greeted.

"Good morning is Lisa in?"

"Yes she is. But had been quite how can I say this, it is like her mind is on other places." The statement surprised me.

"Okay I'll check on her." I strutted towards Lisa's office not even b9thering to knock as I pushed past the door.

"I told you not to disturb me Nayeon." She said grumpily.

"And why do you think I am Nabong? I am no where near you bunny secretary." She seemed shocked at first before putting back her stoic face.

"Now is not a good time for visits Chu unless it is a very serious matter."

"It is actually if I look at you right now." She eyed me quietly as if saying she is not up for jokes. Sighing, I continued "I am here because Chae heard from Irene that the problem with Hyuna was finally settled."

"Yea. Irene unnie had quite a help in referring an attorney to help." I quirked her an eyebrow as the info was new.

"If you don't mind me asking who is the counsel MRL should thank?" She just held her head as if she was problematic with what I had asked.

"You would not stop asking questions if you knew the name Chu."

"Try me." She shook her head. "Either way I won't stop bothering you. You know that right?" She inhaled deeply before looking at me in the eye with a serious facial expression.

"Its Jennie. She was the one Irene was referring too." I was beyond surprise with what she just said. If anyone was looking at me for sure my mouth went wide open.

"You gotta be kidding right? When did she come home?"

"Last week I guess since that was the first time we met. Trust me Chu Irene unnie is a cunning woman, I was actually out of words when I saw her." I looked at her sadly knowing she had longed for Jennie. Despite her distant demeanor I know she did not stop searching for her after all these years.

"And what are you gonna do now that she is here? I mean her job for you already ended. You won't see each other anymore." She looked at me dejectedly.

"I know Chu. I am so fucked up right now. All the emotions that I am feeling are all over the place and honestly I do not know what else to do." She chuckled. "Imagine I was quite cold and off in facing her. And despite my effort of hating on her, she still helped me even if she had the opportunity to back out." She really had a soft spot for that Mandu.

"You know sulking in your office will get you no where right?" She did not respond but I know shewas listening. "You would get by L. By the way, I am throwing a party tomorrow. You should be there or you will regret not coming." I will make sure you will see Jennie Kim tomorrow.

"I will go ahead. Toughen up L."