4. Why Can't I Have You

"Waste our love on things that will never give it back."

- Gloria Liang .-

Jeongguk and Jiyeon had been hanging out for some time now. The brown-haired male didn't realize that he rarely spends time with his best friends because of her.

So Taehyung decided that they should hang out. Eat ice cream in their favourite ice cream hub. Just have fun and catch up with each other.

"Ggukie." the silver head called out. The aforementioned male just hummed while continued to type on his phone. Probably texting Jiyeon.

"Do you want to hang out? Tomorrow?" he asked hopefully. Jeongguk looked up from his phone and divert his attention to the elder.

"Sure, where?" he asked while smiling. "The usual," Taehyung responded with a happy grin.

"Ice cream?" the younger asked once again. The elder nodded excitedly. "Okay then, what time?" Jeongguk asked one last time.

"Three in the afternoon." Taehyung giggled while Jeongguk hummed and scrolled through his phone again.

At least he agreed.

|The Next Day|

Taehyung walked happily towards the ice cream hub. The sun shining brightly and it made him glow even more. He's excited to spend time with the person he loves.

The bell chimed as he opened the door of the hub. Taehyung's eyes wandered around the pastel-painted walls, looking for Jeongguk. But there was none.

The silver head shrugged it off.

Maybe I'm just early.

Taehyung thought and went to a vacant seat. Fishing out his phone to text the younger.

Ggukie
Active

You:
Gguk, where r u?
Sent√3:04pm

-

You:
Im already here ><
Sent√3:04pm

After waiting for a while, Jeongguk didn't reply, so Taehyung assumed that he was getting ready.

The silver head watched the scenery outside the crystal window. People casually walking, either with their friends, lovers, or dogs. People riding their bicycles or skateboard since cars rarely pass the specific street.

"Hi, may I know your order?" a girl approached him and kindly asked the spaced-out male.

"Oh, not yet, I'm still waiting for my friend. We'll order when he arrives," he said and gave her a small smile.

"Oh, okay." she bowed and went to the other customers. The place wasn't that big nor was it very small, it was just perfect. Not a lot of people come here, that's what made it more perfect. It wasn't noisy.