5. Favourite Crime

"Know that I loved you so bad,
I let you treat me like that,
I was your willing accomplice, honey"

- Olivia Rodrigo -

Taehyung glanced at the younger sitting beside him. He's up all night thinking on if he's finally going to give up on Jeongguk. To just start to move on. But damn, it's too hard.

It's near lunchtime and he's excited to eat and just talk to his hyungs to get his mind off of the brown-haired male.

The bell rang loudly, signaling that it's now lunchtime. Students began to pack their things and leave the classroom.

Taehyung acted naturally while waiting for his two best friends. He really didn't want to hear Jeongguk rambling about Jiyeon again so he plugged his earphones inside his ears quickly and listened to The 1975.

The three of them slowly made their way outside. Jimin glanced at the blank silver hear and poked his shoulder lightly.

"You okay?" the blonde asked with raised brows. Eyes showing concern and a hint of sadness.

Should Taehyung say yes again? He's really tired of that question. He wishes that he can be sad for a day with no one asking him that question. Taehyung is not okay. He is not happy. He's hurt and broken. Can he just frown and tell everyone he's not fine? No. He thinks it's immature and annoying. So Taehyung ended up nodding and smiling slightly at his friend.

"Oh, you're heading the same way as us. Are you finally going to eat with us? Because I don't think that you remember us anymore. Go to Jiyeon." Jimin grumbled while linking his arms with Taehyung.

"What? Just because I sometimes hang out with her doesn't mean I've forgotten you, guys." Jeongguk responded while putting his phone in his pocket.

"Sometimes my ass. You even forgot about Taehyung because you were with her. Don't be like that, don't be a dick. I'm your friend but don't expect me to just chill when you're doing something wrong and hurting someone who loves you." the older scoffed and walked faster, making the teary silver head walk faster, too.

Jeongguk sighed. Jimin is right, he should've been more mature. It's not like him and Jiyeon is already in a relationship for him to not spend time with his hyungs and forget about them.

-

"Yoongi! Stop staring at me like that. You're scaring me." Hoseok exclaimed while pouting. The aforementioned boy just continued to stare at the other while mouthing a 'zimzalabim'.

They said you'll look like a creep if you do that. Like you're summoning a demon or something. Which worked since Hoseok is easily scared of everything.

"Yoongi Hyung! Stop." the redhead shut his eyes close and covered it. Yoongi looks so serious and he doesn't know what the heck he's saying.

"Yoonie, you'll scare Hoseokie Hyung." Jimin laughed and lightly slapped the aforesaid male's shoulder.

"Okay, okay." Yoongi laughed, his gums showing as he does so. Hoseok sighed in relief.

"You can be freaky sometimes, Hyung," Hoseok stated and laughed, too.

"I was just trying something." the elder said while laughing. Hoseok pouted but laughed afterward.

Taehyung laid on the clean green grass and stared at the blue sky. Cloud scattered like painting, birds, and kites flying. Everything about the sky is perfect. Taehyung sometimes wishes that he can build a house on the clouds and stay there forever.

The silver head glanced at the younger who is already looking at him. "Taebabe, can I talk to you for a sec?" Jeongguk asked softly.

Taehyung blinked, his heart beating rapidly. "Why?" he asked with curiosity lacing his voice.

"Let's talk at our special spot, after class. Is that okay?" the younger asked while smiling.

"Okay..." Taehyung responded and divert his attention to the sky once again. Jeongguk continued to type on his phone.

Is it about Jiyeon again?

I hope not.

-

Jeongguk and Taehyung walked through the forest, to their special spot that they built together.

After they arrived, they sat on the bean bags that they bought after they finished building the cabin.

"So, uh, what do you want to talk about?" Taehyung asked quietly. Jeongguk turned his head to look at his best friend.

"I'm sorry for forgetting--"

"It's fine, you've already apologized for like, a lot now. I forgive you so, shush." the silver head interrupted and forced a laugh.

I'll forgive you no matter how much you hurt me, kook.

Taehyung shut his eyes close and breathed deeply. "Okay... Is that all you want to talk about?" he asked nonchalantly.

"No." the younger responded. The silver head opened his eyes slowly and raised his eyebrows at Jeongguk, signaling him to spill the tea.

"So uhh, I think I like-- I want Jiyeon to be my girlfriend," Jeongguk said.

I want to fucking cry.

No, Taehyung... You don't have the rights to...

"Oh..." Taehyung averts his eyes from the younger towards the window. "I need some tips." the brown head said and scooted closer to the elder.

"Tips for what?" the silver head asked. His knuckles turned white as he molded his hands into fists.

"For making her mine," Jeongguk replied. "Oh, okay..." Taehyung muttered before stretching his lips into a thin smile.

His heartfelt heavy at the moment. He doesn't know how to react anymore. Taehyung felt as if his heart got stabbed. Can a heart still shatter more than it did? Because he sure felt like it.

Be a good friend, Taehyung. Don't be pathetic.

The silver head thought.

"Do you have any tips?" the younger asked, noticing the lack of response from Taehyung.

"Yeah, maybe that'll work..." the elder trailed off.

"First, you need to compliment her, like always. It will make her feel things." Taehyung stated.

"Second, give her gifts. Only if you can afford one. Okay?" the elder forced a laugh while Jeongguk nodded, taking notes.

"Third, give her food." Taehyung held a thumbs up. "Fourth-- because we have six steps I guess. Sing her a romantic song. You have a heavenly voice, she'll surely... like you back." he gritted his teeth.

Taehyung zoned out, thinking about Jeongguk and Jiyeon together. He should really stop thinking about it, it'll just break his heart even more.

"So what's the fifth step?" Jeongguk asked with a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Oh! Uhh, make her a poem! It's cute and thoughtful." Taehyung answered with a tight-lipped smile.

"And the last step, confess to her. And make her... yours." the silver head said.

"Wow, thank you so much, Tae!" Jeongguk stood up to engulf the elder into a warm hug.

Taehyung froze as the younger nuzzled his nose on the silver head's neck.

The elder slowly hugged Jeongguk back. And buried his face on the other's shoulder.

Taehyung didn't realized it 'til now. All the things he said were the things he wanted Jeongguk to do to him. To be complemented, receiving gifts, foods, and poems.

"Thank you so much, Taebabe. You're the best friend ever."

|>End of Chapter Five<|

I need motivation, support and love.

I love you❤|