11. i'd rather be alone

"So I'd rather be alone
I wish you well
I'll keep to myself
'Cause you played me for a fool"

- Boodahki -

TAEHYUNG'S POV|

I groaned before pulling my hair in frustration. My math teacher assigned me to be the leader for our activity which is called "Math Jingle". We're going to make a song related to Math and the group that gets the highest rank will be exempted from the last and hardest periodical test. The pressure is all on me and the fact that I'm not great with socializing made me want to throw up. Just great.

I thought my day could have been worse but then a random guy just decided to bump into me and my research papers flew al the way to the school's fountain. My research teacher is merciless and decided to give me a minus ten because he said I was being careless and shit. Just wow.

I was so stressed, that I had a breakdown while trying to strip off my tight pants, it just won't get off my ankle.

I'm currently working on the lyrics but no words seem to appear inside my head.

"She really had to force me into being the leader saying it'll boost my fucking communication skills. Communication skills my ass." I grumbled and cracked my neck, trying to loosen up.

"And my fucking groupmates didn't even bother to help me or even ask me if I need help. I'm not Einstein." I inveighed.

I plopped into my bed with a loud and exaggerated sigh. "Beep boop~" I sang loudly, it's weird but it works for me whenever I'm stressed. I sound like a kid's fake phone toy but who cares. "BEEP BOOP, FUCKING WORK YOU BEEP BOOP, I WANNA DIE IN A BEEP BOOP WAY-- LIKE-- BEEP BOoOoOP~ SHIT, IT'S NOT WORKING." I kicked my legs frustratedly. I thrashed like a salted worm, messing up my well-kept bed.

"I should go to our special spot, maybe it'll help me or something," I said to myself.

I sat slowly, "Should I get changed from my pajamas? Ahh, Nah..." I shook my head and slowly went outside my house.

My shoulders slouched as I made my way to my rarely used bicycle. "I'm too stressed to even pedal my way there. Wait no-- I'm just being lazy...but pedaling my way there? Nah, I can walk... But I'm too stressed to walk... I'm too stressed to even use my bike... I'm too stressed to go inside my house--" I pursed my lips when a group of kids stared the life out of me.

"Are you okay, mister?" A small girl asked while tilting her head slightly. "No... But it's alright." I said and offered them a small smile.

"Are you having a bad day?" Another girl asked. There were four of them. Three girls and a boy.

"Well... Kinda." I shrugged. Is it weird to talk with a bunch of kids about me having a bad day?

"Everything will be fine, mister. My name's Zoozee." The aforementioned girl said before making her way to hug my abdomen. Trying to lighten up my mood, which worked.

The rest of the group of kids ran to hug me, too. I crouched to their level and embraced them because I just badly need a hug.