12. Comfort Crowd

"I just need company now."

- Conan Gray -

The loud rain and screeching of tires can only be heard at the moment while Taehyung trembled and covering his head as if it'll do a thing if the vehicle did hit him.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" The driver asked while making his way to the silver head with a worried expression.

I'm not okay, I'm mentally hurt.

"Y-yes." Taehyung breathed out, rubbing his eyes, trying to get rid of his tears that are surely washed out because of the rain and he was only wiping the raindrops off of his face.

"I'm really sorry, It's hard to see when it's raining and you suddenly crossed the road. I'm sorry. I'll give you a ride to your house... I feel bad." The guy said and covered Taehyung with his umbrella too.

"Hop in or you'll get sick." The unknown man said and escorted the drenched male inside his black car.

"If I get kidnapped and get killed by him, I'll thank him for doing so because I'mf tired as fuck..." Taehyung thought.

"I have extra clothes in the back. You can wear it. You might catch a cold." He said and the silver-haired male obliged, too cold to even argue.

"Th-thank you... I really thought I was going to die." Taehyung laughed sheepishly while he stripped from his wet clothes and changed into the warm ones. Too broken to even get shy. They're both males so it's not a big deal.

"I'm Minjae by the way-- oh it rhymes," Minjae said and chuckled. Taehyung let out a breathy laugh, "I'm Taehyung..." He introduced.

"Oh okay... You look sad... Did something happen? You can talk to me." Minjae said softly.

Minjae had an ash brown hair, pale skin, sharp jawline, his eyes were dark brown, he had a natural plump pink lip, and a pointy nose. He looks ethereal. By just looking at him, Taehyung can tell that he's older than him. But that didn't really make Taehyung's heart skip a beat just like the way Jeongguk did.

"I'm fine, don't worry." The younger said before forcing a laugh.

"This hurt that I'm holding's getting heavy but Imma keep a smile on my shoulders till I'm sweaty."

Taehyung bit his lips and looked outside the car's window. The rain already ceased.

"I usually go to the beach whenever I need to think or let things out... I was heading there but I'm just going to drop you off before I go to my destination," Minjae paused, "Or do you want to come with me?" He asked.

"I-it's fine, I'm....fine," Taehyung muttered, finding it difficult to lie at the moment.

"Tellin' you I'm fine I don't really need nobody
But you say through a sigh that I've  said that lie already."

Minjae just hummed, not buying what the other said as he drove towards the beach.

Taehyung and Minjae sat on a log with the fire warming them up from the cold breeze of the night.

"So? You wanna talk about it? I know you're just going to say that you're fine but just from looking at your eyes, you're not fine. You just need to let it out." The elder said with an encouraging smile.

"I just needed company now
Yeah, I just needed someone around."

Taehyung sighed as he felt his eyes sting once again. He clenched his teeth and didn't look into Minjae's eyes.

"This i-is the worst day ever..." The younger trailed off, inhaling deeply as he tried to control his tears.

"My math teacher is a b-bitch, I f-failed an important s-subject a-and... I s-saw the person th-that I love...kissing the p-person he l-likes, inside th-the cabin that w-we made, that p-place was supposed to be s-special but it seems l-like it's nothing to h-him." His tears poured down as he let out a broken sob. Taehyung covered his face and continued to bawl.

Minjae wrapped his arms around the other male's shoulder and made him cry on his shoulder, "Shh, I'm sure you'll find someone better. I won't tell you to stop crying because I want you to let everything out." He rubbed the sobbing male's back comfortingly.

Taehyung tried to pull away when he noticed that he's wetting the elder's shirt but Minjae said it's fine.

"Even if I cried all over your body
You don't really mind saying you like your shirt soggy."

They spent the whole night getting to know each other. Taehyung was shocked when he realized he met Minjae's sister before, the girl named Kiela who cheered him up just before he went towards the not so special cabin to be sad again.

Minjae was having a rough time at school, too but he kept his bright smile. That's where Taehyung realized that people aren't trustworthy nowadays as they're always laughing and smiling even though they're dying inside.

They eventually got closer and gave each other their numbers so they can spend time with each other more often.

Taehyung momentarily forgot about Jeongguk while he spent his time with Minjae.

Can he move on now?

|>End of Chapter Twelve<|

Team Minjae or Team Jeongguk?

What do you think if I update consistently? Like every day or something...

I hope you'll enjoy this story until the end! Leave love and support, pweasssseee.

Stay safe, guys!!!

Wuv youuuu ❤|

-