13. The Good Side

"The world sang along to it falling apart
But I sympathize, and I recognize
And baby, I apologize
That I got the good side."

- Troye Sivan -

Jeongguk stood with a stoic face, the rain started to pour down on him but he didn't budge.

"Think about it, Jeongguk. Think about it."

He recalled Taehyung's tearful eyes and quivering lips while saying those words. The brown-haired boy never seen the elder lash out or even hurt him physically ever. Taehyung just looked so broken and livid before he left Jeongguk alone.

I fucked up, didn't I?

Jeongguk let out a long and frustrated sigh before making his way to the cabin where Jiyeon is waiting.

This day was supposed to be great but his stupidity just decided to ruin it.

"Where were you? Why are you so soaked up?" Jiyeon asked. Jeongguk refused to roll his eyes. "It's raining, is it?" He said with gritted teeth.

"Let's go home," Jeongguk said after removing his shirt and squeezing the water out of it.

Jiyeon shamelessly stared at his toned abs and v line.

--- The Next Day ---

Taehyung closed his eyes while listening to music. He placed his head on his arms on the table. They're currently waiting for their first period to come.

"You okay, Tae? You usually listen to my gossip but now you're wearing earphones. I know something's wrong when you do that." Jimin said after pulling one of the earphones out of Taehyung's ear.

"I'm fine, Chim. Just tired. I stayed up late trying to write lyrics for math." The younger lied, refusing to look at the blonde.

"Hm, really now? You stayed up so late that your eyes are swollen and red like you're crying? Were you crying while writing the lyrics or what?" Jimin sarcastically said.

Taehyung stayed silent while Jimin sat on Jeongguk's chair to talk properly with the silver head. The youngest is not yet at school which Taehyung is thankful for.

"Tae... What's wrong? Tell me. I'm your friend." Jimin rubbed Taehyung nape with his thumb. The younger blinked his tears away as he wasn't facing the worrying blonde.

"I'm fine, Chim. D-don't worry. I'll tell you later." Taehyung mumbled, afraid that his voice might crack.

Jimin stood up and embraced the silver head from behind before placing soft kisses on his soft hair, "I'm here." He whispered before going back to his chair when he saw their teacher barging inside the classroom, quieting all of the students.

"GO BACK TO YOUR PROPER SEATS. Damn, I really don't have the mood to teach y'all today... I know this is not what teachers do but I'm being a good teacher to all of you just not now. Do whatever the heck you want just don't be noisy." She said and sat on her chair.

"What happened, ma'am?" One of the students ask. "My fish drowned-- My head hurts, sorry." Mrs. Lim said and giggled slightly.

The students laughed at her silliness. She's always been funny and cool, she's a good teacher with cool techniques of teaching.