22. Confess

"I don't deserve you."

--- Kim Taehyung ---

One week has passed and Taehyung is currently laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling blankly.

His phone vibrated continuously, indicating that he has a call. Taehyung sluggishly reached for his phone on his nightstand.

"Hello? Who's this?" Taehyung mumbled while rubbing his eyes. It's dark and the grey head assumes that it is now evening.

"Hey, Tae. You don't know me?" Minjae's soft chuckle can be heard on the other side.

Taehyung giggled, "Oops, sorry, Hyung. I didn't check the caller's ID." He softly said and slowly sat up.

"I have something to tell you. I'll meet you at ten then we'll go to the beach to talk. Is that okay?" Minjae asked, quite nervously.

The younger hummed, "Yeah, okay, I'm going to get ready now." He said and stood up.

"Okay, Taebear... See you," the elder said before letting Taehyung end the call.

Taehyung opened his closet, his eyes scanning the various selections of clothes.

He pulled out a blue sweater and faded baggy jeans before wearing them.

Taehyung put on a white rubber shoe and went outside his house, waiting for Minjae to come.

Taehyung was curious about why the elder was so nervous when they talked earlier.

A red car pulled up in front of the grey-haired male and rolled down its window.

"Hey, hop in," Minjae said with a smile. Taehyung returned the smile before coming inside the car.

"So, how's the out of town with your family?" Taehyung asked.

"Oh, it was fun. We played a lot of games and stuff." Minjae said and chuckled.

They drove to the beach nearby with a slightly awkward atmosphere.

Taehyung looked outside the window silently. There aren't a lot of cars passing by as it's evening and most of the people are sleeping.

"We're here..." Minjae announced after parking his car. Taehyung nodded and got out of the car slowly.

They sauntered near the waters and they sat on the sand, listening to the waves.

"So... What do you want to talk about, Hyung? Is there something wrong?" Taehyung asked.

Minjae chuckled and shook his head in disagreement, "No, there's nothing wrong, Tae." He paused and licked his lips anxiously, "Promise me that this won't change anything between us and that you won't be infuriated by this." Minjae raised his pinky finger.

Taehyung nodded and linked his pinky finger with the older with a confused look.

"Okay... I've liked you for a while now... Just before we met... I've w-watched and admired you from afar. I like you more than a f-friend and I know I can treat you better..." Minjae said.

"I really don't have a lot to say... But I'm sure that I want to have you, not just as a friend, but my lover." The elder said with a soft smile.

Taehyung blinked, dumbfounded. "Wh-what..." He frowned, "H-hyung? Please don't get m-mad, too... But I can't reciprocate your feelings... It's just that - I only see you as my friend, like a big brother who always protects and cares for me... I'm sorry, Hyung... I really tried to, but I just can't -- I-I don't know why." The younger said with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"You've done so much so me, H-hyung. But why can't I be useful just for once? You're so good to me, Minnie, but all I did was hurt you, I couldn't even do anything for you." Tarhyung paused and sniffled,

"I don't deserve you." The younger said and wiped his tears that he didn't know that is falling.

Minjae shook his head and engulfed the grey-haired male into a warm, comforting hug.

"No, don't say that, Taehyungie. You don't know how much happiness you've brought me since we met. I don't really expect you to like me back, Tae." Minjae said softly, hiding his pained voice.

"But we're still friends, right?" Taehyung pulled away from the hug. Minjae chuckled, "Of course." He said.

Minjae sat on the park, feeling blue and melancholic. The cold breeze of the night softly hit his body.

He tilted his head back to halt his tears from streaming down his face. He knew from the start that Taehyung is head over heels for Jeongguk, even if the grey head does not admit it.

"Hey, are you okay? I mean-- you don't look okay-- okay, this is awkward, I'm awkward." A high pitched voice said and laughed sheepishly.

Minjae blinked his tears away and turned to look at who's talking.

She looks familiar.

Minjae thought as she sat next to him. "You need someone to talk to? I'll be listening." She said with a warm smile.

Jiyeon?

"I'm Areum, by the way. Kim Areum." She grinned in a friendly way. Minjae nodded, "I'm Minjae, Park Minjae..." He introduced.

"You look familiar..." Areum tapped her chin, trying to remember him, "Oh! We met in the ice cream shop where I worked for. You were with a boy, right?" She snapped her fingers proudly.

Minjae's mouth formed into an 'o' shape as he remembered her, too, "What're you doing here? It's night..." He said.

"Oh, I was out because I got hungry and decided to buy a burger, it's buy one take one so you can have one. Maybe that will somehow cheer you up." She pulled the said food out of the plastic and gave it to him.

"Oh, thank you..." Minjae said with a small smile. His heart beating rapidly as his cheeks feels warm when their fingers touched.

Areum smiled softly before engulfing him into a tight and warm hug, "I think you need a hug. Hugs never fail to cheer me up." She said, her voice muffled.

Minjae melted into the hug and wrapped his arms around her, too. He feels so much better now, knowing there's someone he can talk to.

"Thank you..." He said after they pulled away. She smiled shyly, her cheeks red like a tomato, and Minjae found it very adorable.

They talked to each other until midnight.

It's like deja vu, but it isn't Taehyung who he's talking to, and Minjae's the one who's being comforted now.

They feel safe. Just like two angels talking with each other.

|>End of Chapter Twenty-two <|

We have a straight ship now! Yeeeey.

And I'm kind pissed with how this turned out bc IT'S NOT IN MY CHAPTER PLAN AND THIS PROBABLY RUINED MY CHAPTER PLAN dnzlxlsmsms but I'll find a way. I hope ya'll enjoyed though...

Anddddddddddd I'm kinda excited to finish this book bc BlankGucciPrince and I will be having a collab!!!!! YEYEEEEYSYSYS

I LOVE YOU, THANK YOU FOR 4K READSSSSSS, STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!❤|