21. Home

"There is a home for you
There is a home for us
And I want you to stay closer to me so I don't leave this all behind"

- Danny Knutelsky -

Taehyung packed his clothes for their overnight on the beach. He feels excited but slightly sad when Minjae told them that he can't attend because their family will be out of town for a whole week.

Am I really being too harsh on Jeongguk? They didn't say anything when Jeongguk was being too harsh on my feelings, too.

Taehyung sighed and closed his bag softly before sitting on his bed with a pout.

"Should I give him a chance? He looks like he regrets what he did... I don't want our friendship to end. I hate it when we're drifting apart..." Taehyung mumbled to himself.

The silver head groaned as the thought of Jeongguk came flooding inside his mind. Jeongguk's smile whenever the elder talks to him, his eyes lighting up when Taehyung smiles at him, just the way Jeongguk always manages to summon all the butterflies inside Taehyung's belly or when he makes the boy's heart beat rapidly with just a mere smile.

"Fuck you and your handsome face, Jeongguk." He said and huffed.

A knock on the door pulled Taehyung away from his thoughts.

"Taebabe? You there?"

Speaking of the devil.

"Y-yes! Wait a sec." Taehyung said loudly while he snatched his bag and left his bedroom.

The elder opened the door with an awkward smile, "Hi..." He mumbled. Jeongguk chuckled and pulled the Taehyung's bag away from him, "Hey, let's go..." The younger said and made his way to his car where the others are waiting.

Taehyung locked the door of his house before walking towards the younger's car, his hands gripping on the hem of his shirt since his hands felt empty after Jeongguk snatched his bag away from him.

Taehyung opened the door of Jeongguk's eight sitter van. "Hi, Tae! Space here is very crowded now... Mind if you sit on the front?" Jimin smiled sweetly while the others waved their hands to the newcomer.

Oh, really now?

Taehyung bit his lips before closing the door, their snickers didn't go unnoticed.

Yoongi Hyung usually sits in the front, why not now?

The grey-haired male opened the front seat next with a tight-lipped smile before sitting.

Jeongguk smiled, thankful for his hyungs.

The ride consists of them singing their hearts out and telling jokes every now and then.

After an hour, it got quiet as they feel asleep except Jeongguk as he was the one who's driving.

Taehyung leaned forward unconsciously. His sleeping position is very awkward and will surely cause a backache and a stiff neck if he continues.

Jeongguk pushed Taehyung on his seat slowly and gently, afraid that he might wake the elder up.

The brown-haired boy's eyes light up when they reached a stoplight. He hastily put Taehyung's seatbelt on so he won't crash forward if the car will abruptly stop.