26. Fools

"Only fools fall for you."

-- Troye Sivan --

Taehyung, his vision blurred as tears poured down like a waterfall from his eyes. The familiar sound of his heart shattering can be heard once again.

"I am tired of this place I hope people change."

He ran and ran that he didn't realize that he arrived in the cabin that he and the person who broke his heart built.

How did I arrive here?

Taehyung opened the door swiftly, his cold hands twisted the doorknob while his tears continue to fall from his eyes.

The grey-haired male wailed and sobbed loudly, not caring to be quiet as he was alone and the place he was in is inside a forest.

"I need time to replace what I gave away."

"H-hurts!" He bawled his eyes out and sat on the floor helplessly. Taehyung folded himself into a ball, hugging his knees to his chest.

"Only fools fall."

The door opened softly and Jeongguk's face can be seen. "Tae..." He called out with a gentle voice.

"GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE! I'M SUCH A FUCKING FOOL TO EVEN BELIEVE IN YOUR PROMISES!" Taehyung panted and wheezed, "YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T HURT ME?! Y-YOU..." He breathed in and wiped his tears harshly.

Jeongguk walked towards the boy but the other backed away from him.

"Everything is shattering and it's my mistake."

"I LOVE YOU! BUT YOU ALWAYS FUCKING HURT ME! I-I'M TIRED!" Taehyung sobbed pushed away the younger furiously.

"Taehyung, let me explain--"

"FOR WHAT? SO I CAN GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHANCE AND THEN YOU CAN HURT ME AGAIN?!" The elder pushed Jeongguk's hand away from him.

The younger sighed and embraced the livid Taehyung tightly, "Let me explain, please, Tae." He whispered in his ear.

"No! I... I'm t-tired--" Taehyung coughed and wheezed, finding it difficult to breathe at the moment.

"Only fools fall."

"Hey, hey, calm down, Tae. Breathe for me please." Jeongguk cupped the elder's cheeks, wiping his tears gently.

"Inhale and exhale... Yeah, just like that, baby." The younger said while Taehyung obliged, slightly calming down.

"Y-you keep on hurting m-me, Ggukie," Taehyung said in a small voice.

"I've b-been good but you always h-hurt me. What's wrong with me, Gg-gguk?" The elder said with tears trickling down his chin.

Jeongguk shook his head, "Nothing's wrong with you, Tae. I'm the one who's in fault." He said while wiping the boy's tears.