7. Pretty Boy

"As long as I got you. I'm gonna be alright."

- The Neighbourhood -

Jeongguk tapped his shoes against the floor while humming a familiar tune. He's currently sitting on Taehyung's comfy sofa and waiting for the aforesaid male to get out of his room so they can buy Jiyeon's gift.

Taehyung tried to just like Jiyeon and be happy for his own best friend. But the dirty looks and sneaky insults made him feel otherwise.

The silver head is glad that he gets to spend time with the younger alone even if the reason they are hanging out is because of Jiyeon.

"Okay, I guess I'm rea-- maybe this is too much," Taehyung muttered under his breath while staring at his reflection in the mirror.

Triple coloured sweater and tight black ripped jeans. He looked like he's shining even if he's only wearing a simple outfit.

Jeongguk wore a simple loose white plain shirt that and blue faded jeans that fit his thighs perfectly.

"Okay, I think I'm just overthinking. This is usually my style. Not too much at all." Taehyung said before letting out a deep sigh.

The elder left his room and went to the living room where the brown head sat.

"Oh, thank goodness. After so many years of waiting, you finally came out." Jeongguk wiped a non-existent tear.

"I was that long?" Taehyung asked while putting his phone inside his pocket.

Jeongguk just laughed.

--

Taehyung gripped the younger's shirt lightly, afraid that they might get separated from the people who are shopping just like them. The mall was so crowded today.

Jeongguk chuckled and pulled the elder's hand away from his shirt. "O-oh, I'm sorry," Taehyung said and laughed sheepishly. Thinking that the brown head found him annoying.

Yep, you crumpled his shirt. Nice move, Kim.

The younger held Taehyung's hand tightly, "Don't worry. You won't get lost. I'm here." He said.

Taehyung bit his lips, trying to suppress a giddy smile, "Okay..." The silver head mumbled.

Both of the males walked hand in hand.

Stop blushing! He's just being kind.

"What would she like?" Jeongguk hummed and roamed his eyes around the gigantic mall.

"Lipstick?" Taehyung replied. The younger scrunched his nose while shaking his head in disagreement.

"Uhh... Makeup?" The elder pulled his hand away from Jeongguk as his hands are now sweaty. A certified water bender.

Sadly, makeup can't cover up her vile personality. If possible, I'll probably give her tons of it.

Jeongguk held Taehyung's hands again, "It's cold here, keep your hands in mine." He uttered.

The elder stared at his shoes with hot cheeks, "Y-yeah, whatever." He muttered.

"How about a dress?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung pursed his lips while staring at the younger,
"Do you know her size or what kind of dress she likes?" The elder asked.

The brown head crinkled his nose and shook his head no. "You've been hanging out with her often yet you don't know what she likes?" Taehyung questioned before forcing a laugh.

Jeongguk pouted, "How about...shoes-- oh I forgot, you don't know her size." The elder teased and giggled afterwards.

"I don't know what to give her," Jeongguk whined. "Just give her your attention and...love. If she likes you back, she'll accept that." The silver head said and shrugged.

Jeongguk pondered at the elder's words, "That's a good idea; however, she's a very materialistic person." He said.

If it was me, I'll probably be very happy even if you just give me a warm hug.

After a lot of suggestions and arguing, they ended up with a simple red lipstick and a necklace.

"Do you think she'll like it?" Jeongguk asked while staring at the lipstick. Taehyung nodded hesitantly.

I doubt it. She's a bi--

"I don't want to go home yet," Jeongguk said and formed his soft lips into a pout.

"Me too." The elder said and sighed. "We should buy stuff for our special spot." The brown-haired male suggested and reached out to hold Taehyung's hand.

"And remember when you threw your chewed bubblegum randomly and it landed on a bald guy's forehead perfectly and he accused me because he thought I did it because you ran away--" Jeongguk laughed while clapping. Taehyung cackled as he clutched his aching stomach.

"I got s-scared, sorr--pft--" the elder got interrupted by his own laugh.

Both of the males continued to laugh loudly, earning weird looks from the consumers inside the furniture area.

They're sitting on the sofa like they own it. "A-and when you--pft--" Jeongguk cackled and gasped from laughing so much.

Taehyung squint his eyes shut as he's unable to close his jaws. "Sh-shit I can't even fini--pft--" Jeongguk laughed, even more, when he saw his best friend's state; mouth open and gasping for air like a fish.

The younger laughed so much that his snot came out unexpectedly, making him cover his nose and snuffing his snot back.

"Ha! HAHAHAHA THE FUCK WAS TH-THA--Pft--" Taehyung fell off the chair while laughing at his best friend uncontrollably.

"Young lads! It's prohibited to sit on the furniture unless you're going to purchase it." A middle-aged woman exclaimed while placing her hands on her hips with a stern look.

"S-sorry, ma'am, we're just--pft--" Jeongguk slapped his lap continuously while cackling.

The woman stared at them with a judging look, "Please leave before the both of you break something." She asserted.

The brown head slowly stood up while Taehyung stayed on the floor, still chortling.

"Stand up and leave, boy." Taehyung made grabby hands towards the younger, asking for him to help him stand up.

Jeongguk helped him stand with a goofy grin. They left the furniture area with an amused smile. Still not over their embarrassing past.

Taehyung stared at the other with a smile. After the incident earlier, he perceived that unloving Jeongguk will be more difficult than he thought.

|>End of Chapter Seven<|

The chapter's based on a true story of me and my close friend. Yup, even the snot part. Guess who I am there.

How's the story so far?

I hope you liked it.

Leave love and support ❤|

Don't trust me.