9. Saviour

My eyes had to get used to the white room, I was in a small infirmary.
  As soon as was noticed that I was awake, a droid spoke to me. "Ah, (Y/n), how good to see you have awoken. How are you feeling, my lady?"
  I carefully sat up and rubbed my eyes. In the process, I felt a pain in my side. My gaze found the spot and saw bandages all around my waist.
  The droid noticed it. "You were shot in your side. Luckily it will heal, so no need to worry. The wound will leave a scar, but a full recovery is guaranteed. Yes, very soon."
  Once I was finished examining the bandage, I looked around me. I was startled when I saw a black clad man in a mask, Kylo Ren. Surprisingly, he didn't move or spoke.
  The pulse checker beeped frantically as the speed of my heartbeat increased.
  "You need to stay calm, (Y/n). Master Ren has been here the whole time, he was the one who brought you in. The Commander fell asleep in his seat after a few hours."
I nodded, not taking my eyes of  the intimidating yet sleeping Commander.
"Where are we?"
The droid handed me a glass of water. LWe are still on our way back to Star Killer base. This is the emergency infirmary of the ship."
Suddenly Kylo Ren shot up in his seat, having woken up. He calmed down once he had looked around and realised where he was. And then, his hidden eyes landed on me.
"How are you feeling Miss. (Y/n)?"
Ren's voice sounded deep, robotic and emotionless.
I now tried to fully sit up, with my legs tossed over the edge of the bed.
A wrong decision.
My vision turned dark once again and I felt how I started to collapse towards the floor.
Yet instead of hitting the cold floor, I felt a pair of arms around me.
When my sight returned, I saw how close Ren's face was to mine. Still holding my forearms, securing that I wouldn't fall again.
"Thank you," I mumbled awkwardly.
After Ren helped me lay down, he stood up. About to leave, until I stopped him, grabbing his arm.
I almost instantly regretted my choice, why? Why did I have to take his arm? He won't like it.
Ren turned around quickly and instinctively pulled his arm from my grip. "What?"
I couldn't hear whether he was angry or not. I started to stutter my words, "I-I just wanted to thank you. You were the one who saved me back on Corellia right?" I paused to recall the events. "I saw how the rebel got Force chocked before I blacked out..."
I wasn't sure if I heard it well, but Ren's voice sounded more... mild.
"It's my job to protect and fight for the First Order. You are part of that, so it was my duty to save you."
But I never saw you care about one of your employees before...
I stopped myself from saying that out loud.
"That doesn't mean that I don't have to be grateful. I owe you, you have the Head Technician in your dept. Call me whenever you need my help." I cocked my head. "Not that I can refuse anyways, with you being the Commander and all that."
  I smiled at Kylo, it felt weird to smile at the dark figure, but he earned it, he earned my respect.
  Ren nodded in my direction before he left, his cape swept graciously behind him.
  "Would you like to have some bread (Y/n)?"
  I stopped staring in the direction of the door and looked at the droid. "Yes please."

  It was I don't know how many hours later, there was no clock in here and the droid had left me. It wanted me to go to sleep and have some rest.
  But I couldn't sleep.
  I kept thinking about Kylo Ren. Why did he save me? Did he speak the truth? Had I met him before? I really had the feeling I had met him before, but on the other side, he didn't look like anyone I had met before. Right?