36. Rescue

When I woke up I no longer felt Kylo beside me, but he did leave his cloak with me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, immediately awake when I saw lightsaber tracks all over the walls of my cell. Not even the little table had survived Kylo's anger attack.
In my moment of safety, I had forgotten about Kylo's emotional problems and tantrums. I'd swear that they were getting less, but what do I know?
I took the cloak and wrapped it around me. Winters on Starkiller were almost unbearable, especially in a cold cell.
After what seemed like an hour, Angel neared the cell, but she didn't enter like usual. "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to enter your cell anymore." She shove the food tray between the bars of my cell.
Instead of leaving, Angel sat down against the cel door, examining the lightsaber tracks on the walls. Hearing her next words she apparently didn't notice I was wearing Kylo's cloak.
"Kylo's a real ass. He killed my guard buddy, without reason or saying a word. Ren stayed here real long, longer than allowed. What did he do? Why did he enter your cell? To interrogate you?" Angel asked eagerly, motioning the gashes in the cell walls.
  I was surprised by what she told me. Usually if Kylo killed someone, he did it with a clear reason. And he didn't seem so murderous when visiting me...
  However, I decided to play along, I was doomed anyway. And I could use some fun and gossips.
"Oh yes, Kylo's a real pain in the ass. He interrogated me using his Force powers, it was gruesome. He got angry when he couldn't get the information he wanted and destroyed the cell," I made up.
  Angel looked around before coming closer to the cell bars, so no one would be able to hear us. "Me and a couple of others have started a group, the AR, Anti-Ren. It's led by Tim, a stormtrooper from the 501st legion. Our motto is: 'Kylo Ren straight up sucks.' We're trying to spread the word. Would you like to join us?"
  I hadn't had this urge to laugh in a long time. I wished I could see Kylo's face when he'd find out about this...
  Nothing could stop me from saying, "yes of course. If I ever get out of this cell and not get executed."

  Well... I certainly didn't expect I had to keep that promise.

  All the lights in Starkiller were off, someone had shut down the entire system. Guards were panicking. The perfect situation for an outbreak.
  That night someone with only a small technician flashlight, entered my cell. The mere amount of light reflected on a pair of familiar glasses.
  I held my hand in front of my eyes to stop the light. "M-matt? Is that you?"
  Matt helped me up from my mattress and pulled me in a loving kiss. His lips claimed my lips as if he'd never let go of me ever again.
  A wave of emotions struck me, relief, happiness, all at once. I hadn't noticed that I needed him this bad. I felt completed when being at his side. And no one could hurt me, not Phasma, not the Supreme Leader, not anyone.
  I allowed myself to enjoy this feeling for a little longer, my hands roaming freely through his curly blond hair, before I stepped back, all serious again.
  I wasn't able to see his face, so I couldn't decipher his emotions. "What are you doing here Matt? You aren't allowed in here." I tried to look around to see any of the guards, but it was too dark.
Wait- too dark? Usually there were lights, even in the middle of the night.
  "I've done a lot of things that aren't 'allowed.' Like shutting down the entire system. And freeing you, of course."
  My eyes widened. "You did what?!"
  Instead of answering, Matt took my hand and dragged me along. "We don't have much time."

  We ran through the halls, I had no idea where we were heading to, but apparently Matt did.
  As we escaped I asked him a question that had been on my mind since Matt had kissed me. "I had the idea you tried to create distance, what made you, obviously, change your mind?" I thought back of his soft lips, giving me a feeling no one else could.
  "I think I distanced myself because I was too afraid, too afraid of my feelings, too afraid that I would lose the person closest to me." Matt whispered, "again." His eyes turned up, giving me a hopeful look. "But I'm not afraid anymore, Im aware it was a huge mistake. I know that I could lose you any moment and that I don't want to spend any of them without you, because, well, I love you." Finally Matt allowed himself to say it, the three magical words.
  I no longer cared about what the future may hold, knowing that I wouldn't face it alone, knowing that I wouldn't have to face it without my missing piece.
  "I love you too, Matt. You don't know half how happy I am that you finally allow yourself to love, and be loved. For as long as you let me, I'll never leave your side, and you will never have to experience the feeling of loss again."

  "There we are." We stopped in front of a ship I recognised as the TIE Silencer.
  "But that's Kylo's ship."
  Matt ignored the fact and helped me inside. "So what, it was Kylo who told me about your situation. He doesn't mind us borrowing his ship." Matt closed the entrance behind us.
  "Who's going to drive it? I'm no pilot, and we have no time for improvisation, the First Order TIE Fighters will be on our heels."
  Matt took place in the pilot's seat. "I happen to be a great pilot, learned it from Kylo Ren himself."
  I threw my hands up in the air. "Of course you are, how couldn't I have known?"

  Hux stood alone on the bridge, looking at the leaving TIE Silencer. He was the only one not panicking. He immediately figured out it was Ren who shut down the system, the Commander was one of the few with authorisation to do so.
  Hux could have alarmed the troops to get after them, but why would he? He promised (Y/n) she would be free, that he would get her out one way or another.
If this was the way, so be it...
For now.