43. Coincidence?

Leia was negotiating about what weapons and aircrafts the Resistance should add to their collection, along with the impulsive pilot Poe and her trusted C-3PO.
  "We should add more X-wings, there are enough pilots waiting for a new ship," claimed Poe eagerly. The pilot always got excited when speaking about X-wings and other ships, but he should focus more on the here and now.
  "But mr. Dameron, then we will have to purchase more fuel and unfortunately the Resistance does not have enough funds to do so." Calculated C-3PO.
  "It doesn't matter. We'll find a way, like we always do," protested Poe.
Leia, however, wasn't quite focused on the conversation. Something was distracting her, someone was distracting her. She could feel him through the Force, as she always could when he was nearby.
  Leia had been worrying a lot about him, about his well being and why he, last time she saw him, had been disguised as a radar technician.
  Even the girl who was with him didn't leave her thoughts. The woman had radiated something calming, an odd sort of confidence, giving one the feeling everything would turn out just fine.
  Leia could understand why her son liked the girl, because that is what he still is, her son. Despite all the horrible things he had done. She could feel her son emit anger and haste through the Force, something was off. Ben was very close, closer than he had been in a long time.
  Leia Organa was the princess of the destroyed planet Alderaan, General of the Resistance, a hero, but also a mother who wanted nothing more than for her son to come back to her. She could only feel worry for him, as she gazed into the unknown.
  "General? Princess Organa? Leia?!"
  Leia's mind was no longer clouded, instead filled with determination. "Prepare the ship," she ordered resolutely.
"But princ- General, the negotiations?"stuttered C-3PO. The droid was a good friend, but sometimes he just had to shut his mouth for once. If you consider it a mouth.
Poe recognised the determined look in Leia's eyes. "Yes, General." He stood up and headed to the ship.
Leia followed Poe as 3PO waddled behind her. "General? General?"
Leia made a sharp turn. "What is it?!"
3PO slightly lowered his head. "My sincerest apologies. I only wanted to check on how you are feeling, my lady."
Sometimes Leia forgot that 3PO was built to care for humans, and that he merely tried to act up to his pragramming.
Leia sighed. "I'm sorry 3PO, I shouldn't have snapped at you. Everything is all right, no need to worry."
The droid brightened up. "Glad to hear that, my lady, glad to hear."

(Y/n) PoV
"And why did you capture me this time? Not to put me in a broom closet again, I hope."
Chewie pointed his bow-like blaster at me.
I was abducted, again. I really needed to do something about this annoying habit.
"All we need from you, is some information," said Han while setting the ship on hold, so we wouldn't wander off into space.
"Jeez, if all you want is information, why not steal a damn droid? They are much smarter than I am," I exclaimed frustratedly, agitated by the fact that people think they can take me captive whenever they wanted. And mostly because it indeed worked.
"I wouldn't be so 'funny' if I were in your situation," said Han.
Chewie growled.
"I know that's exactly what I'd do, but she doesn't need to know that, you fuzzball!"
I rolled my eyes, they really looked like an old married couple.
Suddenly the ship began to shake, red lights enlightened the cockpit.
Han quickly turned back to the screen on the control panel. "Someone is locking their ship onto ours," he explained to Chewie. "It's a First Order ship. Why do our plans never go as we want them to go?"
Chewie growled something again.
"Okay, my plans. Happy now, you stupid beast?" Han took a pair of handcuffs and placed them around my wrists. "Don't do anything stupid."
I motioned my hands. "I wouldn't dare think about it." But I did think about the blaster in my pocket. They hadn't searched my pockets, these smugglers weren't the smartest ones. "Aren't you supposed to, you know, do something about the intruder?"
Han prepared his blaster. "And if I am going to do something about it."
Chewie opened the door.
And there he stood, one enraged Kylo Ren.
Why wasn't I surprised anymore?
But before he could speak, another door opened.
"Organa. Dameron," acknowledged Kylo politely.
Leia and a pilot entered the intersection of the ship, followed by a human-like droid.
I examined the 'battlefield' of the family meeting. It was an intersection, four halls, all ending up at a gate where a ship could connect. Leia and her gang in one hall, the smugglers (including me in this case) in another, and Kylo in the third one.
"Good to see you still have the manners we taught you, Ben. Even though that seems to be the only thing you remember," said Han bitterly.
I wondered if Han still saw his son inside the dark knight, or that he regarded him to be lost.
I stepped in the center of the intersection, Han had forgotten about me.
"Well, since this is a family reunion, I think it's for the best if I leave. I don't want to ruin your moment." First I stepped towards Kylo. "May I?"
He didn't say anything, so I decided that that was a yes. I struggled to obtain his lightsaber with my cuffed hands, but managed to take it.
Kylo still didn't utter a word and merely kept staring at the others.
I activated the lightsaber and used one of the side-blades to cut the shackles between the cuffs, leaving me with just the cuffs around my wrists. I deactivated the weapon with my now free hands, "thank you," and placed it at Kylo's belt again.
Frankly, I certainly wasn't in the mood for something like this. Why did I always have to get in this kind of drama?
No one reacted, all throwing glances at one another.
So I decided to slowly walk backwards, into the last empty hall, waiting for the drama to be over. That was, until my back bumped against someone new.
"Careful where you walk, hen."

You're kidding me.