44. Family feud

I slowly looked up at the one I had bumped against, it was a tall man with a shaggy beard. He was followed by a dozen of guards in red armour, with a faceless helmet. I didn't see any eye holes or so.
How the hell do they see?
Step by step, I walked back to the family drama.
The intruder looked at me with a devilish smirk on his face.
Kylo was the first to notice we had uninvited visitors, well, more uninvited visitors. "I'll handle this." He pushed Poe aside.
Poe looked up at Ren with slight surprise. How dared he to push him aside like a piece of scrap, the pilot knew how to fight for himself. "Don't tell us what to do, emo space prince," Poe snapped.
I didn't know about Kylo, but Poe's comment didn't suit me well. "He's no emo space prince! You should be afraid... very afraid."
After having looked surprised in my direction, Dameron snorted, gazing me up and down. "Sure thing, but I won't listen to you, emo space princess." Poe corrected himself.
I swear, if I could just take my blaster and-
"So apparently your good looks are just a façade for your annoying personality, Dameron."
Despite the situation Leia had to chuckle. "They indeed are."
Poe was beaten. "Might we focus on our little situation."
"Your situation, I have everything under control." Ren claimed indifferently.
The leader of the intruders had watched our conversation with an amused look, but came back to business mode. He spoke with a harsh accent. "I hope ye remember us, Solo?"
And of course it's Han's fault.
  "Ah yes, most definitely. The leader of the Guavian Death gang, Kala-Tik and your younger brother, Bala-Tik. How could I forget, you lovely gents?" Han answered with a velvety tone.
  But the leader wasn't impressed. "Since ye're able to remember that, ye must remember the due date we agreed ye'd pay oor investment back..."
  Leia threw a frustrated glare at Han. She most probably experienced this all the time.
  Han gestured with his hands. "You just need to wait a little longer, we're kinda in the middle of something."
  Everyone in our 'group' glanced frustratedly at the gang, weapons still in hands.
  But Tala-Tik shook his head. "Ye ken Solo, ye willny be so lucky 'is time, willny ye? Ma brothers want oor money back, noo. But, if ye willny give it to us, we will find another way to get it back. This princess is worth quite a lot, for the Resistance án' the First Order, as ur ye, Han and Chewbacca. An' I'm sure the Supreme Leader wants his Emo Space Prince back..."
  Poe smirked and whispered, "told ya."
  Chewie growled a chuckle.
  "Not now." Leia nudged Poe.
  The leader continued, "...quite the ransom. But..." He turned to me. "Who are ye?"
  I was quite nervous to be honest, I had heard about the reputation of the Guavian Death gang. "I am-."
  Kylo interrupted me, his voice sounded frustrated and proud at the same time. I didn't know it was even possible to combine those two. "She is the Head Technician of Stark- our base."
  Han's head turned from Kala-Tik, to me. "Just a technician?! I thought you were the one who ordered the supplies, you know, the expensive stuff that's actually worth something." Han pinched the bridge of his nose and spoke to Chewie, "this mission was doomed to fail. No chance we'd have gotten the information we needed from her, she isn't even who we thought she was. Dammit."
  Chewie gnarled accusingly.
  Han pointed at Chewie. "Hey! it's not my fault you-."
  Kala was done with them. "Enough!" He scratched his beard. "Hmm, Heid Technician ye say, but jus' from this wan base... 'Am no nerd, sure she isn't worth the transport in the first case..."
  Leia tried to be the wise one in the room, as always. "I am sure we can find a way to make both sides happy. I propose you leave, and you won't have the Resistance nor us, going after you."
  But Kala didn't care about finding a 'peaceful' way, instead he turned around, facing his small army. "Ye hear it brothers, catch them alive, except from th'Heid Technician."
  I rolled my eyes.
  But Han had other plans. "Sure as hell no one gets to catch me." He held his blaster ready.
  "Show them deid, boys!"

  Kylo immediately pulled me behind him as he activated his lightsaber, the action not going unnoticed by Leia.
  The corners of her mouth twitched up a little, there was still hope for her son.
  "I'll show you death." I heard Kylo grit his teeth.
  The Guavian gang accepted the challenge.
  I took my blaster from my pocket as I watched Kylo fight the guards with his lightsaber and the Force. Against his will, we got split up, I had to step back from his guard.
I was now in a different hall along with Leia and Poe. 3PO was nowhere to be found.
  We all tried to keep the gang away, not keen on their dangerously, big cannons.
  I was forced to fight side to side with Poe.
  "So, you called me good looking, huh?"
  I threw him an irritated look. "Really? Is that the only thing you heard from what I told you?"
  Poe shot a guard. "Well, it's the only thing worth hearing."
  With Dameron still in mind, I punched a gang member that was getting too close in my opinion and shot another with my blaster.
  "Do you really think this is the right moment to discuss this?" said Leia annoyed.
  Poe and I ducked at the same time to avoid the shot of cannons.
  "Always is the right time to discuss my good looks with a pretty girl."
  I snorted.
  Poe fetched my hand and placed a kiss on top of it. "I can do this all day."
  Leia shot the last guard with her blaster, and mumbled, "pilots..."

  We followed the trail of corpses to find Kylo, Han and Chewie fight side by side.
  There was only one word to describe it, elegance. They fought like they did this each and every day, like an organised machine.
  Kylo used his lightsaber to kill, and commanded the Force to drag the enemies in the hands of Chewie.
  While Han blasted everyone who came too close, into their graves.
  I managed to look away and gazed upon how Leia adored what she saw.
  Yes, there was a lot of killing involved, but at least they worked together. I saw the love in her eyes as she looked at Han. I didn't know what their status was at the moment, but they certainly still loved each other.
  Perplexed, I realised I had looked at Kylo in the same way... which was wrong, I had Matt. Would this headache never cease?
  We didn't interfere with their battle, even Poe looked with admiration in his eyes.
  It didn't take long for the trio to finish off all of the gang members, only Tala-Tik and Bala-Tik were left. Tala-Tik was armed with a cannon.
  Kylo stepped forwards, in their direction. "You lost. You must know by now that one doesn't mess with the First Order."
Or the Solo family.
  "If 'am gunna down, ye're coming with me!" Tala pointed his cannon at Kylo, but Kylo was faster, his hand rose and Tala was under his command. Tala struggled, but Kylo's command over the Force was too strong.
  Kylo moved his hand in Bala-Tik's direction, Tala lifted his cannon in his brothers direction.
  "Nae, nae! Dae not mek me dae this!"
  Leia tried to come near Kylo, but he stopped her with his other hand, keeping her at distance using the Force.
  "Why? Why would I have mercy? You didn't have mercy, so why would I?" One of Kylo's core pains played up.
  Tears streamed down Tala's face. "He's ma brother, he didny do anything wrong. Take me instead," he pleaded.
  "As you wish." Kylo moved his hand in Tala's direction.
  Tala turned his cannon and held it against his own chest.
  "Nae brother-."
  Closed fist.
  Flash!
  Tala fell to the ground, never to stand up again.
  Bala fell on his knees. "Hev mercy, a'll dae anything."
  I could feel Han's distaste.
  "Remember not to play the devil with me." Kylo turned around and took his lightsaber. Leia was now free once again.
  Bala-Tik and his gang fled back to their ship and took off immediately.

  "And now..." but before Kylo could do anything, Poe took me and held his blaster close to the side of my head.
  "And now you will leave, in peace."
  I tried to escape Poe's hold, but he only held me tighter. "Ouch."
  Instinctively, Kylo stepped forward, but stopped when he saw how Poe pressed the blaster against my head. "I'd stay there if I were you." Poe pulled me with him as all the 'rebels' walked back. "You go to your ship, and no one gets hurt."
  It wasn't until now that I saw C-3PO standing next to the command lock of the door. We'd be protected and separated from Kylo once the droid closed the door.
  Poe whispered in my ear as we walked back, "we could use a technician like you."
  I gritted my teeth. "I will never join the Resistance."
  Poe shook his head. "Shame," he really sounded disappointed.
  "Close the gate, 3PO," ordered Leia.
  But Kylo had different plans, as did I.
  With all my strength, I stepped on Poe's foot, and lunged forwards.
  At the same time, Kylo threw his lightsaber at the droid, and cut off his arm in an attempt to stop them from fleeing.
  But the droid had already closed the gate.
  Kylo helped me get on my feet and picked up his lightsaber from the floor. "Are you alright?"
  I straightened my uniform. "I am now."
  Kylo led me back to his ship before Leia or Han could changed their minds and came back for us.