21. Kiss

I sped down staircase after staircase, passing different floors. From the weapon storages to the high-risk laboratories.
  It reminded me of how much power this base had. Not just the supplies it contained, but also the majestic weapon within.
  I ended up at my destination, the docks. Which were built on the highest place of Starkiller, where sky turned into space.
  I took place at one of my favourite spots, on top of a container, from which I could see vessels leave and return.
  My legs dangled over the edge as I got lost in the infinity of the cosmos, seeing spacecrafts disappear into nothing. It was hard to believe they'd ever come back, that they weren't, in fact, indulged by the shapeless darkness.
  It didn't take very long for a set of footsteps to echo on the metal.
  I didn't even as much turn my gaze as Matt took place next to me on the edge.
  "Hi Matt, how are you feeling? I missed you at the infirmary."
  I heard Matt scratch the back of his head. "Yes, ehm... that's because I wasn't in a very bad condition. Good enough to work so to say."
  I merely nodded. "Good to hear."
  We were both silent, a nice kind of silent. Each other's presence being enough already. Matt always managed to give me this kind of calm flair, like everything was just right as of then.
  I was thinking about the events that happened back on Pasaana, the things I had done and said... They mattered to me.
  "I'm sorry about the gem."
  I finally looked at him, the light of the stars reflected in his apologising, dark eyes. His strong features clearer than ever.
  Until then I hadn't noticed how close he sat next to me, our sides grazing.
  "It's okay. It wasn't your fault." Frankly, I was already past grieving over the gem itself. It might not have triggered the future, but it did startle something else within me.
  Matt seemed troubled, a tiny crease displayed on his forehead. Kylo blamed himself. If he hadn't been so keen on keeping his identity hidden from (Y/n), then maybe he could have saved the gem.
  I teasingly took Matt's glasses from his nose and placed them on mine.
  A dizziness overwhelmed me as I tried to look through the glasses. I assumed the cause was because the glasses weren't meant for me, confusing my eyes and brain.
  Little did I know that it was just ordinary glass. Kylo was using his Force powers to make me feel dizzy so I wouldn't get suspicious.
  "Woah." I blinked a few times to cease my spinning view.
  Matt chuckled deeply. His hands went to the glasses, purposely stroking my face while doing so, sending a tingling sensation down my neck. His ears reddened a little when he realised what effect the tender touch had caused.
  After a knowing swallow and putting the glasses down, Matt continued softly. "The pyramid is gone for good, and so is the gem. Your invention will never be finished, the missing piece will forever be missing." He looked down at his lap, fidgeting with his kit. "I failed you."
  With utmost care I palmed his jaw and turned his gaze to meet mine.
  His mouth was slightly agape, lips curled up, baffled and amused by my confidence.
   I loved it when we locked eyes, especially when they were no longer hidden by his glasses. Suddenly this feeling overtook me. I wanted to get lost in them, me alone in the private galaxy of the darkened windows to his soul. And you know what, I don't think I need saving from the darkness.
  I closed my eyes, imagining how it would feel.
  A warm breath heated my bare neck, a flushed cheek grazing mine.
  I realised how much was hidden behind Matt's façade, the things he did for me, the words he told me...
  My heart fluttered as I though back to those short, but precious moments.
  The words left my lips before I could think them through, they came straight from my heart.
  "You are my missing piece."
  Matt bridged the last bit of space between us with unrivalled determination, until his warm breath joined with mine.
  Our lips brushed. First he nibbled tenderly, his teeth playing with my lips as he left a series of teasing kisses.
  Leaving me want for more.
  I cupped his cheeks in an attempt to catch his fleeting lips, smiling against his mouth as I did so. "Aren't you supposed to be clumsy?"
  "You tell me." Matt crashed his mouth on mine, confiding in me with passion and slight demand.
  I loved it. I wished this moment would never end.
  With his hands on my hips, he pulled me closer, onto his lap, not ending our shared kiss as he traced my figure lovingly.
  My fingers went over his muscled back, feeling long scars through his uniform.
  His shadows hid so much more than he revealed to me, and I wanted to be the one to lighten it up.

   I was fully taken by the magical moment no one could interrupt, not even the voice in the background.
  "(Y/n), are you there? You were supposed to stay in the infirmary."
  Marching boomed from the metal stairs, but I didn't hear it. My calls had been heard upon, I was finally lost in Matt.
  "How?" The broken voice ripped me out of the kiss.
  I could see the shattered eyes, never had I seen him so vulnerable. Then he made a sharp turn and walked away with fast strides.
  "Armitage!" I stood up from Matt's hold, and went after Armitage, but a hand grabbing my wrist stopped me.
  "It's just General Hux, let him go." Matt seemed slightly confused about my sudden reaction.
  "Matt, I really, really like you, but you can't stop me from salvaging one of my only friendships."
  Matt looked even more puzzled, his grip on my wrist tightened. "Are you two friends?"
  I sighed, this had to come up eventually. "Yes Matt, but if you don't let me go now, I don't know for how much longer."
  Matt let go.
  Intrigued I looked at him. "I'm head-over-heels in love with you, don't you dare forget that. Huh," I chuckled teasingly, "my radar technician."

I rushed after the hurt General.

   But by then, Hux his brokenness had made place for anger, and thereby revenge.

  The drama had just begun.