35. Not how I left her

After two days the cell door opened again and light filled the room, which meant I had a visitor.
But it wasn't who I expected nor liked. "Are you here to mock me?" My voice sounded emotionless.
"No, I'm here to explain you some things I think you'd like to know before the execution." I could hear from her tone that she spoke the truth.
"Spit it out, Phasma."
I swear that I could almost feel her smirk.
"First of all, I wanted to compliment you. You're in fact an actually good technician. Which made it harder to undo your work, I must give you that."
I rushed up and grabbed the bars of my cell, trying to come as close to her as possible.
Phasma wasn't intimidated at all. "Yes, I'm the one who destroyed all of your hard work, so it would look like you had lost your 'touch.'" She handed me a stormtrooper helmet, which she had been hiding behind her back. "It wasn't very hard to remove the filter of your little invention. I have to admit that it worked, a tech miracle so to say... if it wasn't for me."
I examined the improved helmet I had made and now saw that the breathing filter had been removed. Which was the reason behind Armitage's blue lips and pale colour.
"Since all your previous projects had failed, who else but Hux would dare to try it?"
"HOW- HOW DARE YOU?!"
I dropped the helmet and tried to grab her throat, but she was out of my range.
Phasma ignored my accusation. "Finding out about your past was the difficult part, but there isn't much you can't find in the First Order archives. I went to Corellia myself and spoke with your father. And don't worry, I didn't kill him, I wouldn't want to make things too easy for you..."
I dropped against the bars of my cell, it was a master plan, and it would get me killed. With a sore throat, all I could say was, "why?"
"Let's just say I don't like scum."

Kylo Ren had come back from his mission, dead end, again. He was already in his Matt disguise so he could go to (Y/n) right away. He wanted to go to her as fast as possible, he needed to go to her as fast as possible.
Kylo headed towards an officer holding a holopad. "Where can I find the Head Technician?"
The officer looked up from his holopad. "Huh? What Head Technician, I didn't know th-."
Kylo had no time for this nonsense and held up his hand to stop the officer's rambling. "(Y/n)."
The officer's eyes lit up, knowing who the radar technician was talking about. "Oh... she's in one of the cells. Cell 2187, if I'm correct."
Kylo had felt something was off the moment he had landed on Starkiller, but he did certainly not expect to hear this. Panic, and mostly rage, filled his mind.
Instead of asking more about her situation, he brutally walked past the officer and towards the cell block.

Kylo Ren POV

A pair of stormtroopers were guarding (Y/n)'s cell, or rather, standing in Kylo's way.
He walked past them, but they stopped him.
"Halt, you're not allowed in here," they said in unison.
Ren lost his last bit of temper, and because of his desperate state, which he didn't know he was in, forgot about his disguise. "Who do you think you're talking to?!"
One of the stormtrooper seemed to be in a jolly mood. He grabbed his armour on the place of his nuts, "to deez nuts," and laughed.
The other trooper remained silent, noticing the technician's bad mood.
But Kylo didn't think it was funny. Nothing was funny, his (Y/n) was locked up and he didn't even know why.
"LET ME GO THROUGH, I AM YOUR-, ugh, you idiot." Kylo almost revealed his real identity.
"Ha ha, idiot indeed," the jolly trooper whispered to the other one, just loud enough for Kylo to hear it.
Oh, he would pay, just not yet.
Luckily the female trooper was smarter and more helpful. "Only Commanders may enter. Maybe if you can, ehm, get one?"
Kylo calmed down slightly and came back to his senses. He made a sharp turn and walked away with the fastest strides possible.

Kylo had changed his Matt look for his knight of Ren armour, helmet and everything.
When he arrived back at the cell, the two stormtroopers saluted.
Kylo never so much as turned his head and with nothing more than a thought, the jolly trooper crashed against a wall, only to collapse onto the floor. He rushed past them and opened the cell with a flicker of his hand.

(Y/n)'s PoV

I'd heard riot outside my cell, then it was silent for a while, but soon the door flung open.
I didn't even have the time to stand up or at least see who it was, when someone took me in their arms. It didn't take me long to recognise the uniform of a Knight and eventually see his helmet.
Yet, I didn't end the embrace. Why would it matter that it was the dark Ren? He was here for me, and maybe I could be saved.
"Oh Kylo, you don't even know the slightest of how happy I am to see you."
I felt his arms pull me tightly against his chest, this must have been the strongest hug I had ever been in. Kylo guided me down with him, so we both sat on the mattress.
I placed my head on his shoulder.
"What happened?" Was all he could manage to say. I still heard anger in his voice, but it was mastered by relief.
"Someone tricked me, tricked us all, and now it looks like I'll be executed..." Saying the words out loud made it even more real, making me feel vulnerable.
Tears almost escaped my eyes. I didn't have to keep up the strong face for now, Kylo was there to protect me.
Kylo noticed my fragile state and placed his arm around my shoulder. I got covered by his warm cloak as he pulled me against him into a comfortable position.
I felt so warm and safe, and yet also tired. Maybe, just maybe, I could close my eyes, just for a second...