ACT 1E

The group, minus Jasper who is already waiting at the entrace of the City of Bones; was on their way in Simon's van.

The whole ride was silent but a comfortable silence that every person in there appreciated. Alec and Jace were the ones who sat down with a tight squeeze since the two of them were muscular and practically giants.

Not long after, they arrived. Immediately, Jace opened the sliding door and scrambled out, sighing in relief; Alec following behind, shutting the door in Clary's face.

"What the hell?."

Isabelle laughed and the two got out of the van; all of them walked towards Jasper was waiting, laying on the ground with his hands behind his head, a kitten was purring away on his warm chest as he stared the dark sky; seemingly lost in thought.

As if the kitten sensed their arrival, they saw the feline stretched its body and pawed his left cheek, meowing. He smiled and rubbed the back of the feline's ears.

"Finally. I thought you guys got lost or something."

Jasper spoke but he didn't move from his position on the grass, continuing to pet the kitten.

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all."

Simon squeked.

"Don't tell me you're afraid?."

Isabelle asked the mundane with a teasing smile on her face.

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid....which sounded much better in my head."

Simon said, embarrassing himself. Making Isabelle chuckle and shook her head.

"I've checked the perimeter a couple of minutes ago. All clear, thank you."

Jasper said, making the two parabatai stop their steps and looked towards Jasper, who was minding the kitten in his lap as now he was sitting up, legs crossed.

"Thanks, man."

Jace thanked Jasper with a crooked smile.

"Thank you."

Alec said with a nod of his head and a small smile, arms crossed across his chest.

"You're welcome, Alec and Jace."

Jasper said with a smile of his own.

"Alright, let's go."

Clary spoke and walked towards the entrace, but was stopped by Jace, who grabbed her arm.

"You have to understand, the Silent Brother's are not like us."

Jace stated as he released his grip on Clary' s arm.

"The lack of your charm and superior skills? Yeah?."

" The brother's communicate without words, only their thoughts."

Jace added.

"That doesn't sound that bad."