ACT 1J(4)

"Blend in, but keep your weapons ready."

Jace said as the group walked into the loud club.

Looking around, there was a lot of Downworlders as well as mundanes dancing, grinding against each other; totally in bliss. The loud bass and techno echoes in their ears.

Jasper looked around and saw Magnus; wearing a black suit and was touching up his makeup. He walked towards Magnus with Clary and Jace following behind.

"Hello Magnus."

Jasper spoke and Magnus looked at him; flirtatiously smiling at the young man infront of him.

"Ah, Jasper. We meet again. You look rather ravishing tonight."

Magnus said, standing on his two feet and leaned down; giving Jasper a peck on the cheek; so sudden that made Jasper touched the spot with a shy smile.

The Warlock saw Clary and Jace at Jasper's side. Both of them were watching the whole scene with raised eyebrows; well, probably Jace while Clary wiggled her eyebrows at Jasper but then frowned at the mention of her name by Magnus.

"Clarissa Fairchild. Growed into a beautiful young woman."

"Magnus Bane. So, you're the one that stole my memories."

Magnus smiled.

"At your mother's request. She knew the risks."

He then turned towards Jace, frowning.

"Show me the jewelry, shadowhunter."

Jace huffed and dangled the necklace in front of Magnus; who reached for it with a smile but Jace took it back making him frown—again.

"Give Clary's memories back. And you get the jewelry."

"Before that, I have to comfirm the authenticity."

With reluctance, Jace gave the necklace to Magnus, who then spoke in another language that none of the three understand.

"True love cannot die. Oh, how I missed this jewel."

"Now it's your turn to pay up."

Clary hissed.

"I wish I could do that. But, I no longer have them."

Clary was flabbergasted and asked why is her memories were not with Magnus anymore.

"I fed them to a memory demon, for safety."

That was Magnus's answer.

"Why the hell did you do that?!."

Jace spat.

"To protect Clary and the Cup, of course. If Valentine were to torture me to get to Clary's memories if he caught me just like he tortured Dot."

Magnus defended himself.

"Tortured? Is Dot okay?."