Chapter 5

Sebastian's pov

I looked into the mirror nervously fixing my tie. I dont even know why I was so nervous after all these years. It was just an alpha's summit. It happened every year.

I still remember my first one. The news had spread like wildfire that I had taken over after throwing the old beta Corey out. In my first one even if I was nervous I still had to go and talk to everyone as I wanted to make my pack's reputation and image better. Now eight years later I had managed to get some of them to trust me but still I would get some questionable looks.

I put on my suit and left. The summit was in the moonshine pack. When I entered it I could feel my wolf was restless. 'What happened?' I asked him. 'I don't know, either something good is going to happen or something really bad.' my wolf said.

'Hey, are you okay?' my beta John asked me. 'Yeah, I am.' I replied. I was glad I had John with me. Growing up I never really had any friends but when John who was our old beta's nephew took over as the new beta we became friends. His father was murdered by Corey to become the beta back then so we shared a mutual hate for him. Now after eight years we really trusted each other and had formed a great bond with each other.

'Alpha, we have reached.' John said and we both got out of the car. We went ahead and went inside the pack Hall where the summit was being held. I went about to do my usual rounds and talked with everyone and ignored the few looks I was getting. I hoped they would fully trust me one day. I was not like the man who gave birth to me!

I looked around and I saw other alpha's with their mates, dancing, talking with them, some even had their children. They looked so happy. I was the only one who didn't have a mate at my age and no matter how i tried to deny it I felt lonely. All these years I had not dated or even looked at any other girl in a diffrent way because I wanted to experience all those things with my mate. I sighed. Maybe I was never going to meet her.

My wolf kept growing more and more restless. 'Calm down!' I said to him. 'I can't!' he replied back.

I went into the pack garden to cool my head off. There was no one else there. But it was so beautifully decorated.

I began walking and that's when I smelled it! 'Mate!' my wolf shouted

I began walking and that's when I smelled it! 'Mate!' my wolf shouted. I was shocked and mesmerised by that smell. Pinecones and jasmines. My mate smelled divine. I followed that smell and finally saw her. She was standing towards her back at me and finally turned around.

I was breathless for a minute. She was beautiful. Beautiful beyond words. The most gorgeous woman I had ever seen. My wolf started howling in joy inside me. It felt like a dream. An illusion. I did not even want to blink because I was scared she might vanish.

I smiled at her

I smiled at her. My mate. She looked like a goddess who I was ready to worship my entire life. A diamond in the rough. If I was a devil then she was my fire. I would bow down in front of her. She looked at me with a puzzled look. But I would answer any questions she had gladly. Everyday. For the rest of my life!

'Mark her, mate with her!' my wolf said. 'Not now you idiot! When she wants to.' I said to him. I slowly began walking towards her. But she suddenly took a step back. Why?

Then she turned around and started running. 'Go after her!' my wolf said. I was puzzled but I ran after her. Finally I was able to catch upto her and I stopped her by holding her hand.

She finally stopped. Sparks erupted all over my body when I touched her. My goodness! Calm down, calm down, I kept telling myself and looked at her. I turned her around and looked at her.

'Why are you running away mate?' I asked her cupping her face. She looked so precious. 'Don't ever do that again.' I said taking both her hands in mine. I hugged her tightly calming myself down and  I smelled her heavenly scent. I wanted to stay like this forever but I could notice her discomfort and I pulled away from her.

'I have been waiting for you so long. I can't believe you are in front of me,my queen!' I said rubbing my fingers against her cheek.

'I am so stupid, I did not introduce myself, I am Sebastian, alpha of blood moon pack. I cannot wait to make you my luna. What is your name princess?' I asked her pulling her a bit closer to me.

'B-bella.' she replied. 'That name describes perfectly Mon amour.' I said and chuckled. She looked a little bit scared.

I get it. Blood moon pack did not have a great reputation because of its history and I was the alpha of that pack.

I wanted to reassure her that she dosent have to be scared of me but I at that moment I heard a huge growl.

I saw a very angry alpha standing in front of me. 'How dare you touch her?' He asked me ready to attack along with others who looked angry as well. What was going on?