Chapter 23

Sebastian's pov

'Sebastian,are you okay?' Bella asked me putting a hand on my shoulder. The women kept on looking at me and I started realising my hair and eyes were just like hers. She was my mother. My wolf confirmed it. She smiled looking at me and came forward.

'My son.' she said again and started to ruffle my hair as I sat there just frozen. She was about to touch my cheek when I slapped her hand away. Everyone was shocked but I wasn't.

'I am not your son, you are not my mom.' I said to her in a cracked voice. 'I am your mom!' she said and started crying again. 'No, my mom is in the blood moon pack praying for my survival not the women who decided to abondon me right after I was born.' I yelled at her.

'You rejected me,my existence. My birth. All my life as an alpha , I was ways the one whose father died a shameful death and whose mother thought of him as a sin rather than a son. That's what I am. An unlovable,undeserving creature. That's what people say. You chose to leave, you chose not to love me. Don't say you are my mom!' I said to her and wiped my tears which had unknowingly fallen down.

'Just hear me out son.' she said to me. 'No I do.....' I was about to tell but then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw it was Bella. I instantly calmed down a little bit even if I was boiling inside. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I was tired of always being the reasonable one, the one who would understand everything but I had to do that. Fine.

'Okay.' I said to her. 'i am hearing.' I said to her in a tired voice.

'I was...' she started saying. 'You were my dad's mistress who he got pregnant against her will. I know the story.' I said to her.

'No. I was not his mistress.' she suddenly said and I looked at her surprised.

'I was his Luna, his rightful mate.' she said in a dry voice.

'What? Then why does everyone say....' I started asking in a confused voice.  'But I was ille......' I started saying and she growled.

'I don't want to hear that word from my son's mouth. It was my mistake after all.' she said.

'I am not understanding anything!' I said. I was starting to get a headache.

'I will explain everything my son, will you listen to me?' she asked in a desperate voice.

'What about Marcus and the other guards?' I asked.

'They are fast asleep and will be for the next twelve hours.' the man standing next to my mother said. 'I can guarantee you that.' 

'What is it you want to talk?' I asked in a calm tone looking down.

'No one really knew I was the Pack's rightful Luna because of the way your father treated me. They all thought that I was just another mistress he had brought into the pack for his pleasure. I was also not allowed to ever get out of the pack house and see daylight. After three years of constant torture he said he wanted a heir and started forcing me to get pregnant.' she said.

I couldn't take it anymore. I felt disgusted by that man and the fact that he forced a women to get pregnant with me. 'Okay fine, I get it. You don't say anything anymore.' I said to her.

'No, please listen honey. I admit that the first time I found out I was pregnant I hated it. I really did. But that was also around the time that your father killed Marcus's true mate. Whether it was intentional or by mistake, nobody knows. But around that time we also had war with aloha Caleb's pack.' she said and Bella gasped. I held Bella's hand tightly to stop her from reacting.

'Marcus didn't know I was pregnant. By that point of time I had come to love you sweetheart. All I really wanted was your safety. After I heard that your dad was defeated and Marcus was coming back alone one of my faithful warriors told me what his real plans were. I realised that he wanted to kill you if you were his son. I was heavily pregnant and was due as well. On the pack borders I met Martha who helped me with your delivery. You were the most precious thing to me honey but I knew that Marcus was going to come after me and catch me. I had to leave you behind for your safety. I did not want to... I had to!' she said and started wailing. I looked at the two people behind her questioningly as to who they were.

I think she understood and said,'Thay are my uncle and aunt sweety. Marcus doesn't know it because he thinks they are rogues. They are not. My life was a little bit better here because if them.' she said.

'After giving birth to you I ran away. But a year later he caught me and threw me into a dungeon. I was tortured. I heard everything about you. How you became an alpha, how you showed him his place. You are so brave. So brave!' she said cupping my face looking at me with a look like she could never get enough of me.

'When I was in the dungeons Marcus had caught a witch. She was thrown in along with me. She sensed that I was a good person and asked me to ask her something about the future. I asked her if I could ever meet you and she said yes. She said I will come across you when you need me the most. Need my help. And I think that time has come.' she said with a determined look on her face.

'Everyone will be asleep for twelve hours.' she said and I looked at the man you said that before.

'We have been planning this for months, years actually, gain his trust so that we could use it to our advantage later.' that man said and the women next to him nodded as well.

'You will get out of here honey. Take your mate with you.' my mother said. 'Go north and don't stop for atleast six hours altogether, after that you will be in a safe area where rogues can't come and you can go to your pack.' she said.

'You will come with us?' Bella asked. 'No, because according to Marcus in my uncle is his trusted guard and I am supposed to be locked up in my room tied to my bedpost so that I can't meet my son.' she said and I cringed. I never knew that she was subjected to all this.

'But anyways I just want to ask one question. What name did Martha give you?' she asked me with a smile. 'Sebastian.' I said. 'That is such a nice name. You look so handsome. The last time I held you, you were so little, right here in my arms with the moon reflection in your eye.' she said and  kissed my forehead.

'This is your mate?' she asked me looking at Bella. I nodded. 'She is beautiful. What is your name sweetheart?' she asked her. 'Bella.' my mate replied.

'I hope he keeps you happy and you keep him happy. I know my son has a good heart.' mom said holding our hands with hers.

'Liana, we have to hurry. Only eleven and a half hours are left for the effect of the sleeping pills.' her aunt said. Mom nodded and wiped her tears.

'Come on, let me lead you out.' she said. I nodded. With all the information I just got I  was having a hard time to process it.

They broke the dungeon gates and led me and Bella out. Mom was holding my hand the whole time while leading me to the entrance. 

'Thank you, mom.' I said to her when we finally arrived. 'Thank you for calling me that. Stay safe, strong and brave.' she said. 'Both of just remember, be prepared because Marcus will know about this and come after you with even stronger force. Just be brave and face him. I know you can do that.' mom said.

'I wish I could have stayed with you longer but I can't. I don't know what will happen to me but just do one thing.' my mom said. She took s ring off her finger and handed it to me. 'This was your grandma's. When you get married to your mate give her this.' she said and wiped her tears. I hugged her and she hugged me back sobbing.

'Now leave. Stay safe both of you. Okay.' mom said and kissed Bella's forehead as well.

I took one last look at the three of them and gave them one last nod. I took Bella's hand and disappeared into the darkness.

I am prepared for you Marcus.