Chapter 21

Sebastien's pov

After what seemed like hours of holding Bella finally I sensed some movement from her. She squirmed a little bit and I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw her wounds healing.

She finally opened her eyes and looked at me. She looked frightened and terrified. 'Sh... It's okay...it's okay....you are fine.' I said stroking her head.

'Sebastien!' she whispered and came closer to me. Finally after some time she said,'But how are you here?' she asked. 'Its not important. The main thing is that I am here now and we have to get out of here.' I said to her.

'But how?' she asked. 'Do you trust me ?' I asked her. She just nodded. We both just looked at each other for a minute and she again laid her head on my chest. I knew we were over here practically battling for our lives but somewhere inside me I was cherishing her touch. I was a little bit happy that she said she trusted me. I held her closer to me and breathed a little bit sitting in a comfortable silence along with her. 'Are you cold?' she suddenly asked. I forgot that I was sitting shirtless. 'No, I am fine.' I said to her.

Suddenly the cell doors opened and a lady came in with a smirk on her face. 'Alpha has told you to eat this!' she said and threw some food at us. She was clearly enjoying seeing us in this state.

'Its okay to smile after all injustice you had to suffer.' I said to her. She stopped in her tracks. Even Bella looked at me in shock but I just continued looking at the rogue oady.

'What do you mean by that?' she asked me. 'I see you are not a bad person but just a frustrated one.' I said to her and the one guard who was standing by the doorway guarding started looking at me as well.

'What did he promise you? A pack, a shelter,better future for your kids?' I asked her and she stared at me surprised. 'How do you know that?' she said. 'It doesn't concern this matter but let me just tell you that he is lying and just using you. I grew up with him as an alpha and I have seen his leadership skills. The only thing he is good at is manipulation. That's it. I will die anyways but I just want you to open your eyes.' I said to that women.

'You know nothing!' she growled at me. 'You wanted your rogue village to be a pack but the council kicked you out and did not allow it to happen. Many the alpha's mistreat rogues,even the good ones who don't mean any harm just because they are rogues and won't leave them alone. You are frustrated of being mistreated and outcastes by your own kind and just want to give your family a good future. That is the reason you think Marcus can change for you but he can't and he wouldn't. He is just using you to get what he wants. He doesn't even understand one percent of what you are going through.' I said to her.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and just left. The guards also looked upset but didn't say anything and just put their heads together to discuss something. 'What are you....' Bella began asking. 'Shhh.....You trust me....now I know you are hungry, let's eat.' u said to her grabbing the plate. I asked my wolf to check through his alpha senses if it was poisoned and it wasn't. Thank goodness.

I brought it to where my mate was sitting. She seemed fragile and weak. 'They didn't give you any food.' I asked her. 'No, they might have but I was unconcious most of the time because of the silver, it was really heavy.' she said. I looked at the chains I had broken and at her wounds which were still healing. The sight made my heart hurt. 'I think they will come with the chains.' she whispered.

'Dont think about, I am here now,come on eat.' I said sitting next to her and started feeding her. 'Why are you not eating?' she asked me. 'I am not hungry,beside that we both have a feast waiting for us back home.' I said to her and she gave me a faint smile. Suddenly she took the spoon and brought the porridge upto my mouth as if she wanted to feed me. I was stunned but didn't say anything. I just opened my mouth ate. 'Mom always told me that sharing is caring.' she said in a quiet voice and smiled. 'I am so glad you are with me.'

I didn't say anything because I did not know how to react. I just resumed back to feeding her and she urged me to eat some myself. What the hell was happening?

I sighed internally. Focus on getting put of here. I told myself.

The women came back into the dungeon to collect our plates and give us water. I gave it to bella to drink and asked her,'So you agree with what I had said?'

'You don't know anything! You are an alpha!' she finally said. 'I have taken more than fifty rogue families in my pack.' I said to her and she stopped dead in her tracks. She turned around again but looked surprised rather angry. 'Once there was a time in my pack when I had myself considered to go rogue. I have the eaten wild berries of the forest,hunted for my own prey on my own, made medicines out of wild herbs, lived in a house with holes on the roof which would leak when the rain started falling even after covering it with forest clay. I know everything, the struggle,the desire, and so if I see a rogue in trouble and in search of a better life then I accept them because I alpha you can trust.' I said to her.

'You accept rogues in your pack.' she asked me. 'If they don't mean any harm, then yes.' I said to her. 'I am even thinking of passing a suggestion in the council for giving rogue villages their recognition. I might be an alpha but I am not heartless.' I said to her.

She looked at me as if she was debating something bit then left and I sighed. Bella looked at me with a conflicting look in her eyes but simply laid her head on my chest.

The dungeon doors opened again and I immediately alerted myself and held Bella protectively. But it was the women and what seemed like one of our dungeon guards.

'Be careful about what you speak and do now.' my wolf warned me and I agreed with him.