Chapter 14

Sebastian's pov

(One week later)

That night when I slept I knew not to expect Bella to stay but somewhere in my heart I had hoped to see her morning at the breakfast table. Hoping to ralk to her.

It was funny how sometimes my mind worked. When she was here with me I was not happy because she was staying half heartedly but somewhere in the back of my mind I was happy that she was staying with me.

Now that she is gone here I am trying to be happy for her but still not happy because she is gone.

It took a lot to convince my wolf to be calm. He was howling, whimpering, crying ever since his mate left. 'You could have at least kissed her!' he kept telling. 'No, I could not, she would have not liked it.' I said to him.

There were little changes that I subtly noticed ever since she had left. First was my life in general. She was with me for roughly around four months but still I got habituated with her being there with me.

Aside from my work I had something else to do- Spend time with her and try to make her like me. I would yearn to see her.

Second was that every single day after work I would actually look forward to see her and meet her. Now with her gone I had nothing more to look forward to and would just spend endless hours at night in the office sometimes even eating there.

I don't hate her, I could never hate her but I hated the mate bond for existing and reminding me every single time that she was not just a dream that existed and I hated my heart for hoping that she would fall for me, even till this day, a part of me waited for her.

My entire pack was shocked when their luna left but I told them not to worry about anything. My beta did notice something was off about me and tried to have conversations with ne but I just brushed him off telling I was OK. As an alpha I always tried to be strong but the tears I shed every night and me sleeping with the scarf my mate accidently left behind was telling I was not OK.

But I keep telling myself, 'Letting go was the best.' over and over again.

My wolf still kept communicating with hers. Sometimes I was tempted to ask him how she was doing back in her but I just brushed off that thought and went back to work again.

We would not communicate often since the incident of her going away took place.

(A week later)

I was walking back to pack house when my wolf suddenly said, 'Mate going be in danger.' 'What?!' I asked him. 'Mate going to be in danger.' He said once again. 'I asked you what do you mean by that?!' I said but he just cut me off.

I rushed back into my office not even bothering to change and have lunch.

I immedietly dialed the number of her pack. It rang and was picked up by someone finally. 'Hello.' her brother's voice said. 'Is bella okay?' I asked immedietly. 'Alpha Sebastian?' he asked in a surprised voice. 'Please just tell me, is bella okay?' I asked him once again.

'She is fine.' He said. 'Where is she right now?' I asked him. 'She just came from her run.' He replied. 'Okay thank you.' I said to him. 'Alpha, do you want to talk with her?' he asked me.

I would have loved that but I said, 'No thank you alpha. Bye.'

Why the hell did my wolf say that?

That moment my beta came running in panicking.

'Alpha, someone sent this!' he said holding a paper in his hand.