Chapter 18

Sebastian's pov

For the past three months i had been training like never before in my pack. I was also being harsh on all of them but they understood because they all hated Marcus even more than I did.

I requested landyn to come into the pack to give his guidance during his time. As he had always been a father figure to me I really needed his mental support this time.

One day I was in my room having dinner when I heard a knock. I opened the door and saw landyn there. 'Alpha Caleb had called. That thing about visiting his pack, he welcomes you, he said.' I nodded.

'Can I join you for dinner?' He asked. I let him inside. 'Still thinking about her?' he asked looking at bella's photograph on the table. 'Never stopped.' I replied in a gruff voice.

It had become a routine for me now, talking to her picture.

He sat down on the table beside me and started eating. 'Whats eating you inside Caleb?' He asked. 'Besides your mate.'

'I don't know. Sometimes I feel like even after putting my 100% I am not a good alpha. You know there is a  saying,'Children are a reflection of their parents.' I hope that I never become a reflection of Micah. I hope people don't see me like that. With this whole Marcus thing going on, it's for the first, me experiencing something like this. Will I be able to cope up with it? Even with all the planning. Its just been eight years since I became an alpha.' I said honestly.

'F*ck that saying. People become what they are based on their choices. Blood dosent matter at all. You are Martha's son not micah's. You are doing a pretty good job, I can tell that much.' He said.

It felt good to hear words of encouragement from my teacher. Growing up he had been very strict on me but that only helped further.
'Sebastian?' he said. 'Yeah.'

'Don't doubt yourself, you are doing nothing wrong. You are only helping everyone.' He said looking at my mate's photo on the table. I took it in my hand and smiled, 'Just trying to do my duties.'

'She will come back.' He said. 'I will keep telling myself that for the rest of my life.' I chuckled. He patted my back and we had talked a little more. Soon dinner was done and he left.

I followed my regular routine and went off to sleep.

(Next day)

I woke up early and got ready. Last month alpha Caleb had visited my pack to see the preparations now it was my turn to go to his pack to see how they were doing.

I left my beta in charge and took my car and left. It is usually in the forest that werewolves attack as it is the unauthorised way to travel and the route we often use to travel is the authorised one where rogues cannot come, its a proper road where cars can be driven.

When I arrived in the pack alpha Caleb and his mate along with their son welcomed me in their pack. They showed me around as well as it comes in the alpha traditions to do so. The pack was actually maintained really well.

At lunchtime they invited me to sit with their family. I was actually a bit uncomfortable with that but I accepted it. When i was at the table I smelled my mate. I looked up to see her and saw her holding a baby in her hands which was happily playing. She handed the baby over to her brother's mate and sat down for lunch herself.

Her father and brother kept talking with me about casual things and I kept replying to their questions obediently but actually my mind was wrapped around my mate. I wanted to look at her, talk with her. I would be leaving tomorrow.

After the lunch I went into the pack office with the two of them and started discussing about my plan. I also gave them updates about Marcus and they told me some they knew as well. The pack strength, etc, etc.