Chapter 16

Third person's pov

Bella was patrolling the borders of her pack as always. That was when she heard a rustling around. She decided to follow it. It must have been a rogue trying to enter her pack. Then she saw a big rogue outside the borders of the pack.

She saw him carrying in her mouth what supposedly looked like a pup!

Rogues would many times kidnap pups so they can train them and eventually turn them against their own pack by brainwashing. She had to save this pup. She ran after him even if it meant going out of the pack borders.

She ran after that wolf in the forest outside the pack hoping she could find him but he was nowhere to be seen. Then she saw a miniature statue of what had looked like a pup earlier. God! It was a trap! She was lured into it.

She knew she had to escape and started to walk back towards her pack when she heard a loud howl. Suddenly out of nowhere four or five large rogues appeared.

Bella was scared but still growled at them indicating she was ready for a fight. One of them pounced on her and she immedietly responded by attacking him back. She was an alpha daughter and knew how to fight but five against one, did she really have a chance?

Still standing her ground she started attacking again while trying to mindlink her parents which was actually very hard to do while fighting.

The wolves kept inflicting wounds on her but she still tried.

Finally when she was about to lose it all and transform into her human form she heard a huge howl. A diffrent wolf, not a rogue and suddenly he attacked the rogues. She was half conscious but heard many wolves fighting with one another.

When she was about to be unconscious one of them suddenly transformed into their human form and rushed towards her, 'Bella! Bella! I am so sorry! I should have reached sooner! Don't worry. I am here now. You are safe.' He said holding  her in his arms.

'M-mate?' she thought before going fully unconscious.

Sebastian's pov

Sitting by Bella's side while she was unconscious while waiting for her to wake up was hard for me.

Even if not together she was still my mate and I loved her. I wanted her to be awake and happy not like this.

Actually I aldready had an idea that Marcus would try to take her so I had told a few of my warriors to take a rogue disguise and patrol outside bella's pack to assess the situation. Unfortunately one of them spotted Bella when she was attacked by five but what she didn't know that there were fifteen others hiding behind trees and my warriors were only four. When he informed me that bella was in danger I immedietly rushed to the side to assist her. I could tell she was brave. She had badly injured three of them single handedly.

I felt guilty for not reaching there on time. My four warriors were also busy taking on the other fifteen. If I was even a little late..............

Marcus! I am not going let that bastard go away now! He will try again and I will not stop at that time until he is dead!

I had informed bella's family she was in my pack and even before listening to the entire story they kept the phone and were now coming.

I noticed Bella moving and I focused all my attention on her. She slowly opened her eyelids and looked around trying to get up.

'Careful bella. It's okay, you see safe now.' I said as I could see a part of her was still on fight mode.

'Where am I?' she asked in a whisper. 'In my pack.' I replied. 'Bella.....' I began speaking to explain to her what had happened but she said, 'You saved me.' I nodded.

'Thanks.' she said slowly. 'No need to thank me bella. You are my mate.' I said in a dejected voice looking down. I noticed that I was still holding her hand and I took it back since I know she does like my touch.

'I called your family. They will be coming soon.' I said to her and she nodded. Usually it takes time to reach from my pack to hers but I ran at a very fast speed to get her here as it was an emergency.

During flight or fight situations especially for alphas the wolf prays to the goddess to help him and he can travel at the fastest speed ever. It can only be done a few times and many are not even successful in doing it as it takes immense strength and is a risk as many can even die as it can immensely impact the wolf while attempting it but I was desperate to save bella so me and my wolf used it.

'You have to eat it.' I said pointing towards a bowl of porridge  that had just been bought in by a servant. She nodded but when she tried to get the bowl her she groaned because her arms were injured.

I picked up that bowl and took some in a  spoon, blew it and brought it upto her mouth. She ate it.

I never thought I would be feeding my mate with my hands but here I was and she was eating it without any objection. The silence between us was a comfortable one. After that I told her to relax while I say by her side.

Howling indicated that her family had arrived. I let them come in, come into the pack house, into the room.

Her very angry looking father approached me while her mom rushed towards her.

'How dare you kidnap my daughter?' He asked holding me by the collar. 'Sir.... I started saying calmly shen suddenly she spoke,'He did not kidnap me dad, he saved me.' He looked surprised but let go of me.

He sat by her side and she narrated the entire ordeal to her parents. 'You could have brought her to our pack as well.' her father said in a much calmer tone. 'THE difference was huge dad. I unknowingly was lured faraway from our pack.' Bella spoke for me.

'How did you reach just in the nick of time to save her?' her mother asked me. 'I used the fight or flight wolf instinct.' I said and everyone gasped including my mate. 'And you are fine?' Her mom asked in a worried voice. 'I am. I just wanted to save her.' i said looking at my mate.

'Alpha Caleb, can I please talk with you?' I asked him. He nodded and looking at my mate one last time I left the room and led alpha Caleb towards my office.