Chapter 5 - Returning and Asking

A Night Fury sped over the water's surface, at breakneck speed, causing the salty liquid to spray up as he veered past.

A masked figure lay on the dragon's back, he was dressed in completely black armour and had a sword strapped to his back.

He had two sword hilts strapped to either leg and was holding on tight to a set handles, steering his dragon friend across the ocean.

The rider and dragon moved with each other, completely in sync, waving down at several Thunderdrums breaking through the water surface.

The rider sat upright in the leather saddle positioning his prosthetic foot into a metal stirrup and unlocking the prosthetic tail the Night Fury had.

The duo flew under the wing of one of the Thunderdrums and up into the air, smiling at the wind, as it hits their faces.

" Yeah!" The rider yelled, the Night Fury roared in agreement, as two of them burst through the clouds swooping as they moved in unison.

To someone who had never known them, you would say that they were the same creature, anticipating each other's movements perfectly.

They shot upwards, beginning to spiral, so fast it would make any normal person feel dizzy, as they flew through a bank of clouds.

The rider and dragon fell backwards into the clouds smiling, they spun around and levelled out.

The rider extended his arms out, mimicking a bird, as they came across a small flock of timberjacks flying towards the Hidden World, they roared in respect of him.

The masked man moved the handles back and patted his dragon brother on the neck, smiling under his helmet.

" What do you think bud, you want to give this another shot?" The Night Fury warbled in frustration, knowing what his brother was referring to.

" You do know you're going to kill your self one day." The Night Fury said warning the man who was preparing for the jump.

" Oh Toothless, it'll be fine." The rider locked the tail up and unhooked himself from the saddle.

" It's your funeral Hiccup." Toothless answered preparing for his rider to fall off his back and plummet to his death.

" You ready?" Hiccup asked Toothless, patting the dragon on the neck, once again, before rolling his shoulders.

" As ready as I'll ever be, you knuckleheaded fishbone." Toothless answered, Hiccup shook himself off and then fell out of the saddle.

Plummeting straight down Hiccup felt free, free from his life expectations and responsibilities, Toothless followed behind flapping his wings to catch up to his rider.

The two spiralled down through the clouds and came parallel with one anothe, soon facing one another, smiling.

" Yeah!" The rider yelled as Toothless stuck out his tongue smiling, the two of them faced down as the ocean came into view.

The rider placed his hands into the looped leather straps down his legs and extended his arms out, as a webbed set of leather wings lifted him up, his dragon did the same.

The rider and dragon floated for a few seconds and as he tapped a button on his lower torso which caused a dragon fin flap to spring up.

The duo soared above the cloud, ocean, and world below, as the sun glistened through the clouds.

The rider looked back at his dragon and the Night Fury just smiled, firing plasma blasts below his rider pushing him further into the air.

" This is amazing, isn't Toothless?" The rider asked as The Hidden World came into view below.