Chapter 13 - Searching and Meeting

A horse could be seen climbing a hill covered in a thick layer of snow, a rider clearly not dressed for the weather sitting atop him.

" Elsa, Elsa?!" Anna called out hoping for a reply.

The horse walked through a clearing in the trees trying not to bring any attention to himself.

" Elsa, it's me Anna, your sister who didn't mean to make you freeze the summer." Hiccup stifled a laugh, damn Anna was bad at apologising.

" I'm sorry it's all my f-fault." Anna yelled into the forest, Liry and Stormfly winced at her attempt to apologise.

Hiccup and his dragons we're hiding in the trees waiting to reveal themselves.

The howl of a wolf echoed behind her and the horse stepped lightly with fear.

" Of course, none of it would have happened if she had just told me her secret, she's a stinker," Anna told her horse laughing.

A tree suddenly snapped under the weight of Hiccup and Toothless, Anna's horse reared back in fear.

He took off in the other direction throwing Anna into a pile of snow under a tree.

She fumbled widely with her cloak trying to get it off her head.

Anna scanned the area and saw her horse run in the opposite direction, back to Arrendale.

" No, no, come back. No, no, no!" Anna yelled after her horse.

Anna suddenly felt hot air against her neck, she turned to face Stormfly.

" Ahhh!" Anna shot up and hid behind a tree.

Hiccup jumped at the scream and saw Anna behind a tree being sniffed by Stormfly.

" Whoa, whoa. Stormfly leave Anna alone." The man told the nadder.

" Anna, you can come out from behind the tree, she won't hurt you." Anna slowly walked out from behind the tree and hid behind Hiccup.

" What is that thing?" Anna said while clutching Hiccup's shoulder.

" That thing is a dragon and one of my best friends, Anna meet Stormfly." Stormfly cawed happily edging closer to the frightened girl.

" She says you smell like strawberries." Anna chuckled at the remark then did a double-take.

" What do you mean she said, can you understand her?" Hiccup nodded taking her hand and lifting it up for Stormfly to smell.

" It's ok, don't stress." Hiccup held Anna's hand out.

" By doing this it will help her trust you." Anna nodded while calming herself.

The nadder pushed her snout onto the opened palm and cooed in response, Anna laughed as she saw Hiccup beacon for more dragons to come out of their hiding spots.

" Anna meet my brother Toothless and his mate Liry." Anna gaped at the other dragon.

She looked almost like Toothless, but smaller and white.

" So this is what you meant by meeting me in the forest, " Anna took a step towards Hiccup.

" You didn't want the rest of Arrendale to see your dragons," Anna questioned Hiccup, while Stormfly continued sniffing Anna.

" Yeah, also I didn't want you to freak out, but I guess that didn't work." Hiccup rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

" That makes sense, we'll since my horse ain't coming back we could use your dragons." Anna began walking into the forest further and Hiccup followed after her.