Chapter 8 - Familiar Faces

" Hey?" Anna asked the rider of the horse, glaring up at him and lifting the seaweed off her head.

" I am so sorry, are you hurt?" The rider asked, pulling on his horse's reins to keep him steady, looking down at Anna.

" Hey, heh, ah, no I'm ok." She said, only just noticing how handsome he was and threw the seaweed away.

" Are you sure?" The man questioned hopping off his horse and climbing into the boat carefully, holding out his hand for her to take.

" No, I wasn't looking where I was going and I'm great, actually." She said with a sigh taking his hand, her heart was pumping a million miles an hour.

" Oh, thank goodness." He said helping her up, Anna just smiled at how chivalrous he was, as she stood up.

" Oh, ah, Prince Hans of the Southern Isle." He said bowing his head in respect, Anna blinked and bit her lip.

" Ah, Princess Anna of Arrendale, " Anna said curtsying, Hans' eyes widened in shock.

" Princess, My lady," Hans said getting down on one knee and lowering his head, thinking she was the one being coronated.

The horse copied his rider and bowed taking his leg of the boat, which made it tilt further towards the water surface.

" Whoa" Both Hans and Anna panicked, as the Prince grabbed Anna's waist, making sure she didn't fall into the water.

" Um," Hans said realising the position he was in and blushed slightly, looking into Anna's eyes.

" Hi, again," Anna said awkwardly, also realising where she was taking her hands of Hans.

The horse saw that the two of them were teetering over the edge and planted his foot back down on the boat, jolting the two occupants up as well.

" Oh, boy," Hans said, as Anna landed on him and looking up at her eyes, in better circumstances this would be rather romantic.

" This is awkward, not that your awkward, but we're." Anna stated, helping Hans up and making sure her dress wasn't ruined.

" I'm awkward, your gorgeous, wait, what?" Anna fumbled with her words trying to find the right thing to say to the incredibly handsome Hans, as he helped her to stand.

" I would like to formally apologise for hitting the Princess of Arrendale with my horse, and for every moment after," Hans said trying not to make eye contact with Anna, she indeed had mesmerising eyes.

" Oh, I'm not that Princess because if you hit my sister Elsa it would be, yeesh, because you know." Anna stepped around Hans looking everywhere, but his face.

" Oh hello." Anna tickled the horse's chin, before climbing out of the boat and standing firmly back on the pavement.

" But lucky for you, it's just me," She explained, shrugging and holding her hands in front of her.

" Heh, just you?" Hans asked looking into her eyes, Anna shrugged again, sighing and staring into his green eyes.

Suddenly the church bells began to ring in the distance, jolting Anna out of her trance, as she began to walk away.

" The bells, the coronation, ah I better go." She picked her dress up and turned to Hans waving her hands around.

" I have to go, ah bye." She said stuttering and frantically walking backwards waving goodbye to Hans.

Hans and his horse waved goodbye, until Hans realised that his horse was waving with the hoof he had in the boat.

" Oh no." The boat creaked over the side of the jetty and into the water.

" Woah." The boat fell into the water along with Hans, causing his suit to be completely soaked, he pushed the boat out of the way and smiled up in the direction Anna left.

~ Line Break ~

Anna ran back to the castle at full speed, people moving out of the way, as the Princess headed towards the church.

Suddenly Anna's foot hit something metallic and she tripped over a man's foot, nearly falling hard on the ground.

She opened her eyes to see her face mere centimetres from the ground, she looked up and saw a man holding her hand.

" That was close." The man pulled her up and looked her right in the eyes, Anna had never see such bright green eyes before.

" Ah, I, ah, thank you." Anna stepped away from him slightly, smiling at him.

" Your highness." The man bowed and Anna smiled at his kindness, he was dressed in relatively peculiar clothing, for a day like today.

The man had messy Auburn hair, that fell just below the ears and two braids sticking out the side, his forest green eyes shone in the sunlight, matching his moss green tunic shirt.

" You alright?" He asked, Anna, shook her head and nodded, realising she was even later than before.

" Oh, I better get going, it was nice meeting you." Anna waved and ran over to the church, Hiccup smiled, he had already met the Princess and she was everything he remembered.

~ Line Break ~

The Church was packed with dignitaries from Arrendale and other countries, Hiccup sat at least three rows from the front.

" Verðug dróttning stór, hjarta af gulli skína, krónum þik med vánum, ást ók trú." A choir sang a song in old Norse, from the rafters above the congression.

Hiccup returned his focus to the head of the church, the bishop held out golden crown towards Elsa.

Anna looked out at the dignitaries, noticing Hans in the second pew, with a man sleeping on his left shoulder, Hans waved at her and she waved back.

Anna looked behind Hans and saw Hiccup looking up at Elsa with a smile, the most striking thing about him was the snowflake pendant resting on his chest.

Anna suddenly went years back, seeing a young boy from the village holding her hand as they ran through the gardens behind the castle.

Elsa bowed her head as the bishop sat the golden crown in her hair as she stood back up when he held a cushion with the sceptre and orb on it.

Elsa looked down at the velvet cushion and was about to grab the two items when the bishop grunted.

" Your majesty, the gloves," he whispered telling her to remove the gloves, Elsa paused, looking down at her hands.

Elsa hesitantly removed her gloves, placing them on the cushion, she sighed and grabbed the orb and sceptre with shakey hands.

Elsa turned around with fear in her eyes knowing she just had to hold out till the end of the bishop's speech.

" Sem hon heldr inum helgum eignum ók krýnd í þessum helga stað ek té fram fyrir yðr..."The bishop started his speech, the congression of people rose in respect.

Elsa looked down at her hands realising the orb and sceptre had started to freeze, she began to shake with stress and held her breath, hoping no one would realised.

" Queen Elsa of Arrendale!" The bishop finished his speech by announcing her new title as Queen, Elsa quickly put the sceptre and orb back on the cushion.

She hastily pulled her gloves back on, Elsa turned around and smiled thinly at the chapel making it seem completely normal.

" Queen Elsa of Arrendale." The chapel cheered her name and clapped, but Hiccup was concentrating on the new Queen.

Why was she so quick to put her gloves back on, she did seem rather stressed about holding the holy objects.

Hiccup knew something was very strange about her actions and if his Hobblegrunt sensing skills could tell him that then this was going to be a very interesting coronation day.