Chapter 9 - An Awkward Party

Upbeat music filled the ballroom as a group of people danced in a circle, Hiccup was watching from the back of the room.

He found the whole celebration kind of interesting, even though he hadn't been to one before, he did have an idea of how to dance.

People clapped and bopped their heads as the tune ended, Kai stood at the front of the room ready to announce the entrance of the Queen.

" Queen Elsa of Arrendale." Kia announced, as the room bowed in respect when Elsa walked to the centre of the stage.

" Princess Anna of Arrendale." Anna ran to the front hoisting up her dress and waved at the first row, a woman waved back.

Kia guided Anna to the top of the stage next to her sister, Anna was a little hesitant, as she hadn't spoken to her sister in years.

" Are you sure because I'm not sure I'm supposed to, oh ok," Anna said accepting the fact she was now standing next to her sister, who had ignored her.

Anna scooted over slightly allowing a bit of distance between them, she didn't make contact with her sister, just stood there.

" Hi," Elsa said to Anna softly, the redhead was shocked, Elsa never said hi to her, or said anything to her.

" Oh, um hi," Anna responded still shocked, while bowing slightly, before returning to the awkward silence.

" You look beautiful," Elsa said with a smile trying to make conversation, Anna felt happy that her sister was talking to her.

" Ah, thank-you, you look beautifuller, I mean not fuller you don't look fuller, but more beautiful." Anna said fumbling with her words as Elsa chuckled at her sister, Hiccup saw the two of them talking and smiled.

" Thank you." She said looking pleased with her sister's response, before looking out at the crowd.

" So, this is what a party looks like?" Elsa asked looking out at the party, Anna lightly tapped her hands on her sides.

" It's warmer than I thought," Anna said trying to talk to Elsa without sounding awkward, she was rather nervous about the whole thing.

" And what is that amazing smell?" Elsa asked smiling, before both she and Anna took a whiff of the air, facing each other.

" Chocolate." both said at the same time, laughing, Anna was about to say something while clapping her knuckles when Kia interrupted her.

" Your majesty, the Duke of Weasletown." The attendant announced, gesturing to a short elderly man in front of the women.

" Weselton, the Duke of Weselton your Majesty." He said correcting the staff member sharply, taking a few steps towards to from stage.

" As your closest partner in trade, it seems almost fitting that I offer you your first dance as Queen." The Duke asked, he jumped and tapped his feet together and landed in a bow with his hand stretched out, as his toupe fell off his head.

Both Anna and Elsa laughed and covered the mouths hoping he didn't hear them as he stood back up.

" Thank you, only I don't dance," Elsa said smiling, as the Duke stood back up and frowned at Elsa.

" Oh?" The Duke said disappointed, he had been hoping to ask her a few questions, as to why the gates closed.

" But my sister does," Elsa said gesturing to her as Anna shrugged it off, it really was nothing.

" Haha, wait what," Anna said realising what her sister was referring to, the Duke took Anna's arm and winked.

" Oh lucky you." The Duke stated pulling Anna of the stage and onto the dance floor.