/6/ Two Souls

/6/ TWO SOULS

He restores my soul,
He leads me in the path of
righteousness for His Name's sake

- Psalm 23:2-3

KHEL'S POV

Another school day arrived and believe me, it's not unlike the other days. It's still the same, old and boring high school life to suffer with. Somehow, I'm getting used to it.

Science, Biology, one of my favorite subjects in morning classes. Like the usual routine, the subject teacher stood in front of the classroom, discussing this and that. Meanwhile, the entire class is silently listening from their respective seats. That includes me.

I was observing the teacher's discussion, sitting on my chair, arms on the desk and chin resting on my hand. The topic kinda doze me off, but I'm still awake. It's about DNA.

"Dioxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that carries genetic instructions for the development, functioning, growth, and the reproduction of all known organisms and viruses," the teacher taught with a hand gesture.

Honestly, alam ko na ang lahat ng mga sinasabi n'ya. Nabasa ko iyun sa library no'ng last last week pa. I could almost yawn in boredom.

"Now! Miss Palma, stand up!" The teacher pointed his index finger to the female student sitting on the front row.

Pammy Palma. The girl who hits the highest pitch when squealing my name in crowded hallways. She's one of my admirers and I've received a lot of love letters from her. She's pretty and fashionista (as what they call her). But she's not my type. Why? You'll see...

Tumayo si Pammy Palma at pinaharap siya ng aming teacher sa buong klase.

"One question, Miss Palma. Do you know why does DNA is also commonly metaphored as a 'book' ?" tanong ng guro.

Kumunot ang noo ko. Hmm... I've never read nor heard that one. Book is a metaphor of DNA? Now that sounds interesting.

Napakamot-ulo si Palma. Nakatayo naman si teacher sa gilid niya at naghihintay ng sagot.

"Well?"

"H-Hindi ko po alam, s-sir." Nahihiyang tumungo ang babae.

Teacher clicked his tongue. "Eh, palagi ka namang walang alam 'pag recitation. When will you pay attention in studying than doing your make-up, Ms. Palma?"

"OOOOOHHHH!!!" komento ng mga classmates ko at sinundan ng tawanan, saka bulungan.

"Quiet, class!" the teacher hissed, at muling bumaling kay Pammy Palma. "So? Even a slightest idea, you don't have?"

Nakangusong umiling si Ms. Palma. Pa-cute. How irking.

Teacher sighed and stepped a bit backwards. "Okay, take your seat. Wala akong mapapala kung pipigain ko 'yang tuyo mong utak."