/7/ She's That Woman

/7/ SHE'S THAT WOMAN

Who can find a virtuous
woman? Her price is far
above rubies

- Proverbs 31:10

KHEL'S POV

I remembered her. She was the woman I saw at the plaza last day. The vocalist on stage who sings worship songs... It was her.

What a coincidence.

Meera Guizon, as what she introduced herself, stood before me. "Sinabi sa'kin ni Ms. Blanche na maaari na tayong mag-start sa project. She already handed me the budget from English Department. At nandito ako para i-inform sa'yo na kailangan na nating magsimula. The earlier, the better."

We're still inside the library, standing face to face, between tall bookshelves.

I licked my lower lip and folded my arms. "So? Should we discuss the plan? The magazine layout?"

"Hm... Sa susunod na lang ang layout," aniya. "Why don't we talk about the places inside the region that we should promote? We're living in CALABARZON, therefore we should feature those five: Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon, in our magazine."

"Uh-huh?" I nod my head. "And your suggestion is?"

"Um... Wait!"

Instead of answering my question, tumalikod si Meera at may hinanap siya sa bookshelf. Then she tiptoed and grabbed a book. Muli n'ya akong hinarap, hawak ang librong may pamagat na: "A Traveller's Tale".

"See this?" She showed me the book's cover with beautiful ocean and a sunset.

Napataas ang kilay ko. What is she thinking? Why can't I read her like other girls? This girl hooks my curiosity.

"What's with that?" I asked, frowning.

"My idea is, gagawin nating travel themed ang magazine natin! Hindi ba't sikat ang mga travel blogs ngayon? We will apply it in our content habang pini-feature ang iba't ibang spots sa region ng CALABARZON. Isn't that catchy?"

Her eyes are sparkling while she talks. Staring at her feels like holding my breath, so I diverted my eyes somewhere and fixed my eyeglasses. D*mn it.

"Yeah. That seems... Nice, " I can't search a proper word to say.

"Talaga?" Her face lit up like a sunshine. "So, it's official? Travel themed ang magazine natin? Payag ka?"

She looks so happy and her smile... It's like a rainbow to my eyes. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin at tumango na lamang.

"Madali ka naman palang kausap eh," aniya. "I really shouldn't believe rumors. Sabi kasi ng mga classmates ko snob ka raw at cold sa mga babae. Masungit at suplado."