/12/ First Destination

/12/ FIRST DESTINATION

God has said,
never will I leave you
and never will I forsake you

Hebrews 13:5

KHEL'S POV

First destination: Tagaytay, Cavite.

After a long long way, we're finally in the vicinity of Tagaytay. I can feel the coldness as the altitude of the place is higher than the latter.

Kasalukuyan tinatahak ng van ang isang sementong kalsada. We're heading to the top of a mountain, so the road's direction is going up. Literally an uphill slope. And because the road was formed in zigzag, medyo malikot ang takbo ng aming sasakyan. As we go further, mas lalong tumataas at lumalamig ang paligid.

"Whoa! Narri, look!"

From the backseat, Meera and her cousin gaze outside the window frame. Nakabukas ang bintana nila, kaya malayang pumapasok ang hangin sa loob ng van.

Their long hair dances with the breeze. Eyes are twinkling as they admire the view. Beyond the open window, from way up here, there's the aerial panaroma. Right below the mountain, land of emerald trees and houses and other structures were figured like ants.

"Gandaaa!"

"'Insan, picture-an mo! Dali!"

Naglabas si Narri ng phone at nilitratuhan 'yung tanawin. The cousins are giggling and obviously enjoying it.

Maya-maya'y huminto ang van sa isang parking space. We're now at mountain's top. The narrow ground is fully cemented, yet surrounded by trees and cliffs.

No'ng lumabas kami ng van, isang malaki't makalumang gate ang natanaw namin sa 'di kalayuan. That gateway stood firm. It has a castle-like design, plus a security guard guarding the gate's booth.

"Let's go, ladies," ani Brint, then he leads the way towards that gate.

Nagbayad kami ng 30 pesos per head sa entrance fee. As we passed through the gateway, another road greets us. It's a long pathway where few people are strolling around. Trees and steep slope at the side.

The pathway formed uphill and as we climb further, the fewer visitors I observe. Mukhang 'di gaanong ka-crowded ang lugar na 'to. That's a good thing because a big crowd can interrupt our business here. Less crowd, less interruption.

There are mists in the air. Cold wind. Sky was clouded, shedding the land without sunlight. Kumulimlim bigla.

Walking upper and upper, tumigil kami nang may makitang isang malaking signage: "People's Park In The Sky", which is the itinerary's logo.

"Hala! Ang ganda, 'insan oh! Tara, picture tayo!" Narri suggested in excitement.

I thought they'll be taking pictures on their own, pero nawindang ako nang bigla akong tawagin ni Meera.

"Uy, Khelly! Tara, picture tayong apat!"

Medyo nagulat ako pero pinanatili kong walang emosyon ang aking mukha. Brint and I exchange glances. I was about to reject the offer, but my friend butts in.

"Oo nga naman, bro! Let's go! Let's take a picture for remembrance."

Pinanlisikan ko ng mata ang ungas, ngunit ngumisi lang ito sa akin.

I sighed and fixed my eyeglasses' bridge. Mabuti na lang at dala ko rin ang tripod. So, I set up the camera and the tripod in front of the huge signage. I turned on the timer and click the 'go' button.