/22/ Third Destination

/22/ THIRD DESTINATION

For I'm not ashamed of
the gospel of Christ: for
it is the power of God unto
salvation to everyone who
believeth;

- Romans 1:16

KHEL'S POV

Third destination: Lucban, Quezon

And we're back on the road. The camper van is going west, southern, dahil papunta kami ngayon sa lalawigan ng Quezon.

Nasa vicinity na kami ngayon ng Lucban. There are houses beside the streets, convenience stores, and people are walking down the sidewalk. Medyo crowded ang kalsada. Maalinsangan ang paligid at tirik ang araw.

Good thing that this van is fully air-conditioned. We're safe from the heat.

Tuloy-tuloy ang pagmamaneho ni Brint sa sasakyan. Katabi n'ya sa passenger's seat si Narri.

Meanwhile, kaming dalawa naman ni Meera ang nasa backseat. Why? That's because we're starting the layout for our magazine's content.

Meera's busy with her laptop, editing the manuscript for the magazine. Her fingers are typing constantly on the keyboard, while her eyes were focused on the screen.

As for me, well, busy naman ako sa page-edit ng mga kinuha kong pictures mula sa camera. I transferred the pics to my tablet, so that I could edit it a lot easier and faster.

"Here, what do you think about this? Pwede na kaya 'to?" Meera asked.

Ipinakita n'ya sa akin ang monitor ng kaniyang laptop. My eyes scanned the software layout that she made, and it's pretty good.

So, I nod my head. "Hm."

"Sure ka? Baka napipilitan ka lang, ha? Ayos lang kung pangit. I'm open for criticisms. Just be honest with me." And she looked straight into my eyes.

Those deep and echoing eyes.

Napalunok ako. She's too close. I can't hold our gazes any longer. Kaya't nagbaba ako ng tingin. I diverted my attention to my tablet's screen.

Darn it, Khel. You look stupid.

"I'm being honest," tipid na tugon ko at pinagpatuloy ang pag-edit sa tablet. "The layout is good and refreshing to the eyes. Keep it up."

"Okay..." Tumango-tango si Meera. Ramdam kong nakangisi s'ya sa'kin. "Sabi mo eh. May tiwala naman ako sa'yo."

Then she stretched her arms and returned facing her laptop's screen. Naging busy ulit si Meera sa pagta-type, gano'n din ako sa page-edit ng pictures sa'king gadget.