/30/ Ask God

/30/ ASK GOD

For as ye in times
past have not believed
God, yet have now
obtained mercy
through their unbelief

- Romans 11:30

KHEL'S POV

"Wuhoo!" Tinaas n'ya ang kaniyang kamay sa ere, saka dinama ang paghampas ng hangin.

Napailing ako at palihim na ngumiti. She looks stupid but I can't deny, cute.

I was pedalling my bike and Meera's riding behind me. Nakatayo siya habang nakasakay sa likod ng bisikleta ko. Her one hand's on my shoulder, the other hand is waving on the air as she enjoys the ride.

It's late at night and here we are, biking down the city lane. We're passing through the main road. On our left side, there are couple of buildings built around the cityscape. On our right side, the glimmering river was viewed by the touch of moonlight. Wind is perfectly cool and blowing gently on our faces.

"Ah! I miss riding bike!" sigaw ni Meera sa ere.

Without looking back, I know that she's smiling widely. Patuloy ako sa pagpedal ng aking bisikleta, habang siya'y aliw na aliw na nakaangkas sa likuran ko. Napakababaw ng kasiyahan n'ya. I should hate that attitude. But why am I smiling like an idiot?

Yeah right. That's Meera Guizon. The all-so-positive Christian girl. The very opposite of me.

"Look, Khelly!" Sabay turo niya sa langit. "The stars are smiling at us."

Tss. "Stars can't smile." I keep on pedalling.

Dinig ko ang pagtawa niya. "Don't you know metaphor? O sadyang KJ ka lang?"

I smirked and slowed down the bike. We're now passing through a metal footbridge, where the night's skyline and river are both exquisitely displayed as our background.

"Hey, Khel," Meera talked at the middle of our ride. "Are you still an atheist?"

It took me awhile before answering that sudden question. "I... I'm not sure."

To be honest, by now, I don't know what to believe. I'm confused.

"So, you're agnostic?" aniya.

Ngumiwi ako. "Probably."

"Do you still want to know if there's God?" she asked, again.

She really won't give up that idea, huh?

Bumuntong hininga ako. "Why is that you're so determined to push that topic, anyway?"

"Hindi mo kasi maintindihan, eh," she answered with a sigh. "Heaven and hell are true. Your eternal life is determined by this earthly life."