/14/ At The Mall

/14/ AT THE MALL

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

- Joshua 1:9

KHEL'S POV

"Let's gooo!" Narri excitedly jumped inside the van.

Sumunod kami sa kaniya. Again, Brint and I sat on the front seats, girls at the backseat. We closed the door and buckled our seatbelts.

It's 11:37 am, afternoon.

We left the People's Park and drive away from the recent itinerary. Now, the van is going downhill. Dinaanan ulit namin ang kalsada pababa ng bundok. For the second time, I saw the beauty of land and structures beneath the mountain's slope.

It's a magnificent view to stare at the landscape, half under the mountain's shadow and half swept by the blazing sunlight. What a sight.

Noong makababa kami sa bundok, sumalubong sa'min ang kalsadang punong-puno ng mga sasakyan. There's traffic and our van was stranded between tall trucks. Vehicles are moving like snails down the main road.

Sitting on the passenger's seat, I rested my back and crossed my arms. From the window, I saw pedestrians fill the sidewalk outside.

People are busy living their lives. Clock is ticking. World is revolving. Every breath we take shortens our lifetime.

Science said, the average lifespan of a man is approximately 80 years and after that, it's either we'll live longer or... dead end. But either way, we will still die and after death, what?

There is nothing, is there?

I'm 18 years old now. Estimated, one-fourth of my life was used. The other three-fourths remaining is still unknown. I'm still planning for it.

But after that... I'll die, my body will decay just like the others.

Napabuntong hininga ako sa aking mga wirdong iniisip. I'm all preoccupied, but when I lifted my eyes, I saw the woman from the rear-view mirror.

Meera, at the backseat. She's sleeping like a peaceful sheep, head resting on her cousin's shoulder. Mukhang napagod siya sa pinuntahan namin at sa haba ng biyahe. She deserves a rest.

I blinked and stare longer at her reflection. My thoughts were washed away by another thought.

"I'm in a relationship."

What she said earlier is still stuck in my mind. Gusto kong magpalamon na lang sa lupa no'ng narinig ko ang sinabi niya. I can't get over it... and that's the problem! It's like a leech inside my head. I can't freaking get over it!