/24/ Fourth Destination

/24/ FOURTH DESTINATION

Religion is far different from
building relationship with God

- author

KHEL'S POV

KHEL'S POV

Fourth destination: San Pablo, Laguna

Nakarating kami sa pook ng San Pablo. Brint parked the van on a certain space at the road's side, malapit ito sa isang malaking lawa. It is called the "Sampaloc Lake".

From the main road, there's a huge sidewalk down the lane. That sidewalk looks like a strolling park, with aligning trees and evergreen plants growing on a specific platforms, with beautiful pavement and railings alongside the lake, and serene atmosphere. It's literally a road's side 'park' bedded next to the lake.

By the way, many people are wandering around this so-called park. Mostly kids, bunch of teenagers, and couples. The place has quite noises but mild. Nature's sound is still in the majority of it.

5:33 pm noong iniwan namin ang van at pumunta sa park upang gumala.

I was busy taking pictures with my camera, nang hindi ko namalayan na napahiwalay na pala ako kila Brint, Narri at Meera. Anyway, I'm old enough to handle myself, so it didn't bother me.

I let my camera laced down my neck. Dumungaw ako sa railings na nasa gilid ng parke. Mula rito, pinagmasdan ko ang malawak at napaka gandang lawa sa'king harapan. Breathing in, I scent the salty breeze and cool wind danced with my jacket.

Watching the waters, I saw this wonderful Mount Cristobal from afar. It was standing majestically across the distance, embraced with mists and leaning before its reflection on the crystal clear lake. That mountain seems to be the queen's scenery. It stood out among the rest, crowning the lake with her majestic beauty.

Beautiful indeed.

I also saw some silhouette of boats that were floating amidst the lake's horizon. Meanwhile, the sky faded with pink and yellowish violet matched the view. Flock of birds came flying at the twilight. It seems like a masterpiece to my eyes.

Calmness in the air.

I lift my camera and took several shots. Maya-maya'y biglang dumating sina Brint at Narri, may dala silang tig-isang milkshake. Lumapit sila sa'kin at dumungaw din sa railings.

"Khel, bro! 'Musta? Enjoy ba ang pamamasyal natin sa parke?" ani Brint.

I didn't respond. That question is nonsense.

"Oh? Siya nga pala," ani Narri habang palingon-lingon sa kaliwa't kanan. "Nasa'n si Meera? Hindi ba magkasama kayo?"

Kumunot ang noo ko. "No. She isn't."