Chapter 10

THE PARTY is packed with people and their red cups. Chrissy and Miles are long gone, disappeared. I've never tasted alcohol and I don't want to, it has never drawn me in and it definitely won't now.

 The music is blasting way too loud and there are way too many people. Miles must spend weeks cleaning up the messes people make. Missing purses and forgotten shoes lie around almost everywhere. 

It's impossible not to get lost in the crowd. Jacob went to 'take care' of something but I never thought it would take this long. I notice a couple of guys looking me up and down and I immediately feel uncomfortable. I know Miles is hosting this party but . . . this house is way too luxurious for any college student to own. 

A pool outside along with a second floor, the kitchen is huge and well . . . so is this whole house. I stand next to the kitchen sink, filling up my red cup with water. Maybe people will finally stop handing me red cups full of vodka punch. I spot Chrissy from across the room and she spots me simultaneously.

"Madison!!" she yells, approaching me. She's a drunk mess and I hope Miles takes care of her.

"So this is where my baby is at?" Miles says, resting his hand on Chrissy's butt.

"Yeah! I'm just talking to Madison," she explains.

"Yeah, I see that." He says amused, finally gives me eye contact.

"Hey Madison, I was looking for you," Jacob says as he approaches us.

"Can I, uh . . . borrow you for a second?" he asks, raising his brow and licking his soft lips. "Y-yeah sure." I stammer, the thought of him ‚needing' me makes my heart feel warm.

 He takes my hand, his fingers intertwining with mine and leads me up the stairs slowly. I can feel Mile's eyes traveling all over my body but as soon as I glance back, he's fully involved in Chrissy and her tipsy new personality. 

I'm thankful Jacob doesn't pull his hand away from mine as we walk up the last step. The butterflies in my stomach start to flutter rapidly. His big hand holds mine perfectly and I don't want it to stop. 

We reach the room at the end and he let's go of my hand, a whimper comes out of my mouth at the loss of his touch. I hear the loud bass downstairs even when we enter the room. 

Jacob closes the door slowly behind us and I take in his room. The paint on the walls is light blue. A huge poster hangs above his bed with the outlines of the letters ‚JW'.

"I hope this isn't weird but . . . uh, Here." He says handing me a small-sized box packed into wrapping paper. I can't help but light up. I tear the wrapper off with excitement before my eyes go wide.

"An . . . iPhone, no Jacob, this is too much." I say confused. I glanced at the prices of iPhones in the store and they were way past what I can afford. 

He looks into my eyes with a handsome smile before saying; "it's not too much for you Madison." he says and I feel my cheeks getting warmer.

"Try it out, if you don't like it return it to me, I just saw you needed one and I couldn't help myself." He winks with the bite of his lip. My face lights up at the thought of him going through all this effort just for me.

"Plus . . . uh, I need to be able to contact you somehow, don't I?" He smiles.

"I guess you do." I almost stammer I don't know what to say to his kind gift. It's the one thing I needed the most and he . . . got it for me.

"No problem Madison," he says in a soft tone. We look into each other's eyes, and I realize just how beautiful they really are.

"This is also to say sorry, sorry for how I was, I was drunk that night, I shouldn't have come into your room like that." He says and his eyes start to travel up and down my body.

"But Uh, as for what I said, that was all true, and I don't regret a thing." He says, his eyes now focused on my lips.

"Well, then it's . . . it's okay." I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, the way he's looking at my lips makes me want to faint. 

His eyes pierce right through mine, they're so blue it's like looking at the purest and bluest mountains. He presses his hand against the wall behind me, leaning in. The butterflies in my stomach bounce around and there's no stopping them now. He leans in closer and before I know it his lips press against mine, my eyes automatically close and my mouth opens. Our tongues swirl around before I grab onto his jacket, pulling him closer. I never thought my first kiss would be at a party at two am, but as long as it's with Jacob I don't care where it is. His hand moves from the wall and onto my upper back but it's quick to slide down onto my waist. My arms are wrapped around his neck. I feel so at peace . . . so right. His lips gently pull away from mine but I want more. I almost whimper at the loss of touch.

"Let's get out of here." His words roll right off his sweet lips. He grabs my hand, this time, leading me down the stairs.

"is everyone gone?" I ask surprised as I look around at the empty place. His face quickly turns from a smile into a slight state of worry.

"Yeah, uh, we should hurry." He says as if trying to stay quiet. I look around but everything is empty . . . everything except the living room. 

Miles is sitting on the couch in his black jeans and his black t-shirt which seems to be the only color he owns if I can even call it a color. It amazes me how he never wears anything else, even his shoes are now black vans, not a single part of his outfit has even a speck of white or any color for that matter. 

Around him are intimidating guys with weird looks on their faces. I hear muffled voices until the blonde girl beside him who isn't Chrissy starts laughing, resting her hand on his shoulder. She looksat him as she bites her lips and mover her hand to his thigh. 

Miles looksat her and before I know it, their lips touch and my stomach drops.