Chapter 24

I rub my eyes, trying to wake myself up but they force me to close them a few more times. Jacob closes the door with his foot before approaching me with a breakfast tray full of food. The platter is full of pancakes, berries, and whipped cream. 

"Goodmorning Madison." He says biting his lip and smiling at me, revealing his perfect teeth. The breakfast smells so good. His hair is wet he must have taken a shower. He sits on the bed and grabs a pancake. 

"Thank you . . . thank you so much." I'm surprised he would do anything like this. 

"Anytime, beautiful." He smiles yet again. "maybe I should stay here more often." I giggle before quickly grabbing a pancake.

Jacob stands up and takes his shirt off. His muscles are apparent on his perfect lightly tanned skin. "You like my abs huh?" He notices me staring and gives me a slight smile.

"Maybe," I reply with a wink. His clothes are all neatly folded in his drawer. He grabs a marron shirt with white letters, his blue jeans fit perfectly with it. "ready to go?" he asks.

"Oh right." It's so easy for guys to get ready, and it used to be for me as well, before I knew what makeup was.

"I'm just going to run to my dorm and change."

"you can wear this too." He suggests but I shake my head.

"I think it'll give everyone the wrong impression."

Jacob hides a smile. "you're right."

I QUICKLY take a shower before running to my dorm. Chrissy and Miles must already be waiting at the restaurant. I choose a pair of jeans with a long sleeve shirt. The white heels Chrissy gave me fit perfectly. My hair is slightly curly which only makes my outfit look better.

"Woah," Jacob says as soon as I open the door.

"You look breathtaking," he says and I smile at him.

"Thanks." He grabs my hand and we hurry to find his car in the parking lot. The red Ferarri stands out and we quickly head towards the restaurant.

"Excited?" I ask.

"No." I chuckle.

"I can't believe they've been together for a whole year, Miles has never been tamed for that long." He laughs.

"what do you mean?"

"Miles used to have bad blood with everyone and fuck every girl in his path." He says and I'm instantly disgusted at his words.

"I'm glad he fell in love with her, he's the only thing Chrissy talks about." I smile as I look ahead.

"Love? Miles doesn't do love." He simply says and I look up at him but he doesn't take his eyes off the road.

"But—"

"Miles is . . . well, he's Miles, and 'love' isn't even in his vocabulary." Jacob shrugs but I refuse to believe his words.