Chapter 42

The way Jacob and I ended things last night is still clouding my mind and no matter how much I think about his words, I can't seem to understand them. 

I open my eyes barely to take a look at the time displayed on my phone, it's six am and I know that there's no way for anyone to be awake at this hour. I sigh before debating for a few seconds as to what I should do. 

I try to fall asleep a few more times but with no luck, I finally stand up from the bed. After taking a quick shower and getting into fresh clothes I finally head downstairs, hoping I won't wake anyone. I turn on the small light in the kitchen before scanning over the little food we bought. I make a mental note to go to the grocery store later. I make myself a small sandwich before pouring hot coffee into a mug.

 I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I can only hope they don't belong to Jacob. I'm greeted with Miles's wide eyes as he steps into the kitchen.

"Did I wake you?" I ask softly but he shakes his head.

"Nah, I wake up this early all the time," He smiles.

"Earlieractually, But uh, it's a little useless now since I don't have any of my gym stuff."

"Gym stuff?" I ask.

"Boxing." he simply says before turning his back at me to pour himself a cup.

"Oh, right," I say. I had no clue he did anything other than throw out rude comments.

"Anyone awake?" Jacob's voice says and I instantly feel uneasy. I find myself wishing Chrissy had woken up instead, having Miles and Jacob in the same room can't end well. Miles smirks as soon as Jacob enters the kitchen and I start to dread every second that passes by.

"I thought you'd sleep longer, you're kind of interrupting." Miles grins. I hate the way he deliberately tries to hurt Jacob but this time Jacob seems unphased.

"Did you tell your mom about us?" Jacob says to my surprise and Mils ignores him.

"yeah." I lie. I don't know what I'm going to do, the thought of telling my mom is terrifying especially when Jace would know about it.

"Goodmorning everyone!" Chrissy yells and I instantly feel like I'm not alone in this anymore.

"Morning babe," Miles says, approaching her and slapping her butt, I scrunch up my nose before looking away.

Jacob's POV

Madison barely looks at me and I know I can't do anything about it, at least not yet. Chrissy and Miles stop their disgusting makeout before we all sit down at the small island. The prick won't stop eyeing me and I know exactly why, but I'm not letting him get to me even if I try with everything it takes.

"We need to go food shopping, again," Chrissy says, glaring at Miles.

"Fuck no I'm not going shopping." The fucker replies.

"I'll go." Madison smiles and I can't help but light up at the sight.

"Me too," I say, and Chrissy giggles. I notice that Madison isn't too happy with me coming too, but there's no way I'm letting our 'fight' stay like this.

"I noticed you two didn't sleep in the same room last night." Miles's snaky voice says and my fists ball at my sides. 

The words start ringing in my ears over and over again before I finally burst; "fuck off, will you!?" I yell too loud and quickly look at my Maddie, hoping this wasn't the last straw but her lack of eye contact tells me otherwise. 

Miles smirks and it takes everything in me not to murder him, right here, right now.

"Well then, we should probably get going." Chrissy breaks the tension and I nod, thanking her. She's always been one to stop our fights from escalating but I swear,

one of these days I'll end him. I hurry to put on my jacket, waiting for Chrissy and Madison to do the same.

"Bye," Miles says sarcastically before heading back upstairs and for once I'm thankful for something he does. I

 need to get as much time with Madison and without him as I can. I grab my car keys before opening the door, letting the cold inside.

"It looks like there's a storm approaching," Chrissy says and I nod.

"Yeah, you might be right," I say. Chrissy and I hurry to get ready to make it to the store before the storm hits and I notice Madison standing right in front of us, it's almost as if she hasn't moved a muscle.

"Aren't you coming, babe?" I ask with hope covering my features.

"I'm going to stay here . . . with Miles." She says, the words come out like a knife to my gut and I want to throw up on the small carpet by our shoes.

"Fine," I say frustrated.

"be that way." I huff before shutting the door behind me as hard as I can. 

I turn on the car and wait for Chrissy to show up, after what feels like a century she finally exits through the wooden door and walks slowly into my car.