Chapter 29

WE STEP OUT of his car and walk towards the school's building. I glance at the time and yet again I'm late, I know Miles doesn't mind but I hate nothing more. We both stop and Miles opens the door to a classroom full of strangers staring at us.

"This isn't our class," I say confused.

"I was following you, I don't memorize my class schedule like a freak." He explains and I can't help but giggle before leading him to our actual class. Now I finally have an answer as to why he doesn't show up to the majority of our classes together.

"Now this, I recognize." He teases. He takes the lead and walks a few steps in front of me. I'm not sure whether or not I should follow, it feels weird being around him and sitting next to him despite him sitting down next to me most of the time.

"Alright class, so with the information I just gave you, you should be able to complete the assignment, I'll see you all next week." The professor eyes us.

"what? We just missed the whole explanation about the assignment." I say with worried eyes.

"Don't worry about it." He says and asks the blonde sitting a row below us what the assignment was about.

"Now we have all the info we need, so . . . my place?" He smirks.

"Your place?" I say confused.

"Yeah, for the assignment, we can't exactly do it here, this place is packed, and your dorm is too small."

"it's pretty big compared to other dorms here." I defend.

"Sure." He huffs.

"Actually, can I join you . . . two?" the blonde asks and I can't help but giggle to myself.

"I don't think--" I cut Miles off.

"Of course." I smile before heading out of the classroom, leaving the two behind.

As soon as I leave the classroom I spot Jacob. I walk quickly towards him and give him a kiss on the cheek he smiles but his eyes quickly turn wide as soon as he looks behind me. 

"I was wondering if you, uh . . . wanted to come to dinner with my parents tomorrow night?" Jacob's sweet lips ask and I nod with excitement.

"I'd love to."

"Great," He breathes.

"I thought you'd say 'no' the whole meeting the parents thing is such a pain."

"Of course I want to come, meeting your parents will be fun." I smile but Jacob's eyes turn wide.

"Hey." I hear Miles's voice behind me say and I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head slightly to face him.

"That girl isn't going to be a part of our assignment anymore, so I guess it's just the two of us now," he says with a smirk, knowing the only thing he's doing is annoying Jacob. I can't help but wonder why she decided otherwise.

"I'll see you, babe," Jacob says, pulling me towards him before caressing my lips with his.

"AREN'T WE GOING to your dorm?" I ask confused as we step onto the gravel leading to the parking lot.

"Nah." He breathes as we get into his dark car. The Lamborghini gets us onto the road quickly. We take a few turns before finally arriving at a secluded area with trees surrounding us.

"Please don't tell me were going to a party," I say but he only gives me a small smirk. 

The home is big and intimidating just like it is whenever there's a party except now; it's completely empty. A few cars stay parked in front of the black home. Miles leads me up the stairs just like he did when I was tipsy. 

The room is bigger than I remember, the large bed faces the huge window and everything that should have color is black. The bedroom is beautiful despite the lack of colors. I finally see his desk and sit down in front of it and Miles quickly follows. 

"So . . ." he raises a brow. 

"what do you mean so? you have all of the information about the assignment."

"Right." He smiles.

"Uh . . . well, what I can recall is that we were supposed to write a short story." He says with a smirk and I roll my eyes. "What kind of story?"

"Anything, any genre . . . oh but it is supposed to be combined with quotes from other books with that genre, so we can prove that they have multiple purposes or some shit." He explains.

"Okay . . . well, maybe we should write about romance?" I suggest.

"Romance? Really? They're all the same boy meets girl, and they fall in love. Happy ever after." He says before grabbing a piece of paper and a pen and I give him an almost glare. 

"Jeez romance it is then." He chuckles. His arms are folded onto the dark desk and his head lies on top. His hair is pulled back and his eyes stare right into mine.

"All we need are two characters in love." He says sarcastically

"That's not what romance is, it's so much more. There need to be stakes and drama and . . . heartbreak." I explain passionately. He rolls his eyes before grabbing the piece of paper out of my hands.

"How does this sound; a love story between two people, a bad boy, and a good girl, she's madly in love with him but he wants nothing to do with her until he finally gives her a chance---"

"No! that's terrible." I laugh and attempt to grab the paper from him but he holds on tightly. 

Our hands are still in the air holding onto the small piece of paper whilst our eyes meet in a foreign way. 

My laugh disappears and so does his chuckle. He licks his lips before his eyes look into mine once more; this time his head leans closer to mine and both of our lips stand slightly parted. I find myself breathing a little heavier as his face comes closer and closer, his eyes close and his lips attempt to kiss mine.

"What are you doing?!" I say a little too loudly as I stand up quickly, running out the door before he can answer.