Chapter 84

The sound of the banging music makes my stomach turn and I feel more nervous than I should. Jacob smiles at me before his eyes shift to the living room and with them, his hand travels to hold my lower back. 

As we walk through the living room I spot Hayden and my stomach starts to feel even worse until I take a better look at his expression. 

He looks calm and collected for some reason but yet there's something behind his face that makes me nervous. Hayden's eyes shift from mine to the carpet beneath his feet.

"Here," Jacob says, leading me towards a beautifully decorated basement in the house. Everything is gray, the couch, the rug, and even the wall paint. 

He closes the door behind us as we walk down the few steps into the basement. 

I glance around the entire room but my eyes dart at the three large whiteboards hanging on the wall and the shelves full of all kinds of items, most of which I can't make out. 

The lighting is dim which lets some of my nerves relax. I feel hidden this way as if there's nothing bad happening even though my stomach is telling me otherwise.

"What are these?" I ask, my eyes staring at the whiteboards again.

"Those whiteboards are something I regret deeply." Jacob gulps before walking closer to the whiteboards, I follow hesitantly. 

My heart starts to race again and my nerves are pulling everything in me. I look at Jacob confused and he parts his lips to explain, but before he can say anything we hear something break outside the door.

"He must be here," Jacob says, looking past me and at the door. The music is still blasting but some voices have quieted down. 

I look at the door and see the handle moving down. After a few seconds of complete silence, the door flings open, smashing itself at the wall next to Miles. 

Our eyes meet and I scan everything about him, He's dressed in all black as always, his black t-shirt allows me to look at his veiny and tattooed hands, he wipes his forearm across his face before walking inside with a bottle in his hand.

"Are you drunk?" I ask, my voice low and he smiles with a head nod, letting a gold necklace hang off his neck.

"Have you told her yet?" he asks Jacob, he's clearly wasted but yet he manages not to stammer, he handles his alcohol too well which makes me wonder how often he drinks. 

I've been with him for almost a month and I still feel like I don't know the real him. Jacob shakes his head and the look in his eyes is terrifying.

"She hasn't found out yet," Miles says in an almost whisper before taking another sip of the half-empty bottle of light-brown liquid and smirking at me.

"Well then, Jacob. You do the honors." Miles sits down on the gray couch by the stairs, spreading his legs apart and sliding a little in the couch as if he's getting comfortable.

"You've been waiting for this moment ever since I fucked her, so go on, tell her Jacob," Miles says and my heart sinks into my stomach. 

Something that special between us said in such foul words makes me want to throw up. That was private but clearly, Miles doesn't think so, he doesn't mind throwing it out like trash.

I look at Miles whose eyes are darted right at me.

I look at the whiteboards, hoping to get some answers but all I see is 'Jacob' written on one, 'Miles' on the other, and 'Hayden' on the third.

Miles stands up and walks toward me slowly, the bottle still in his hand as Jacob watches his every move. 

He gives me a smirk and for some reason, I feel my heart beating faster as if I'm meeting him for the first time when those hazel eyes were dark and heartless.