Chapter 38

"When are we leaving?" I ask Chrissy who sits up on her bed.

"Later tonight," She smiles before standing up.

"I thought we could do some shopping until then . . . you know for our dorm." She says and I nod with a smile. I need something to get my mind off of Jacob and Miles's two moods. We walk into every home decor store we see and shop our carts full.

"what do you think of this?" she asks, holding up a blue flower shaped mirror.

"No." I shake my head and we burst into laughter.

"good because me either." She says and we laugh even more.

"We need some blankets right?" she asks and I nod.

"yeah, this one's pretty." I say pointing to a large light-pink blanket."

"oh my god, that's so fluffy and cute. Let's get two?" she asks. "Yes." I smile.

"Our room is going to look so pretty and maybe a little too girly." She squeals.

The cashier scans our items and I'm afraid we bought a little too much.

"okay so that'll be seven hundred." The cashier smiles.

"We'll split it," Chrissy says.

I really need to get a part-time job. As we walk out of the mall, barely keeping all of this stuff in our arms a tall guy approaches us, he looks to be our age. His light brown hair flies in the wind and his green eyes look right into mine.

"can I help you girls?" he asks with a smile.

"sure." I say and he takes the stuff out of my arms. Chrissy gives me the 'he's cute look'.

"thanks." I smile. He helps us load the rest of our stuff. I look at the ag on his shirt it reads; Hayden.

"So what are you two buying for?" he asks, staring me right into the eyes.

"Our dorm," Chrissy says.

"Well, it'll be a pretty cool dorm room then." He chuckles. 

"Yup." Chrissy simply says before loading her car full of our stuff.

"thanks again." She says before closing the trunk. I smile before heading towards the door.

"Hey . . . uh, wait." He says and I turn to face him with a confused look on my face.

"I hope this isn't weird but . . . uh could I get your number?" he asks and I bite my lower lip, not knowing what to say.

"I have a boyf---"

"She'd love too." Chrissy jumps in and hands him a small piece of paper with my number on it. My eyes are wide and I freeze, not knowing how to react.

"Okay, thanks."  He says as he walks away giving me a small wave and a smile. I look at her with confusion as she puts on her seatbelt.

"I don't want random guys texting me." I finally manage to say.

"I'm sorry but Madison, he was cute and it doesn't hurt to have a cute boy in your contacts list, you never know when you might need one. Plus did you see those arms? He could help us carry our whole dorm somewhere." She says and I can't help but giggle despite still being unsure about the situation.

"if it bothers you that much, you can always just not text him back." She smiles and I nod in agreement. "yeah, yeah I guess you're right."

"Now bath and body works." She says with an almost evil grin and I have a feeling I'll love the store. We step out of the car and into the colorful store. My eyes go wide at the variate of everything I could ever want, perfumes, soaps, candles, and even sanitizers.

After half an hour of wandering through the store, we're finally ready to head to the cashier.

"That's all?" Chrissy says confused staring at my rosewater and ivy scented candle.

"I thought you loved this store?" she adds.

"I do, but this candle is the only thing in the store I wanted the most," I  say and hold tightly onto the light pink candle.

ALL OF OUR STUFF is in the hallway as we try to re-decorate our dorm. We clean the dorm room before we finally put all of our stuff up. The dorm is big enough to cover all of our stuff beautifully and cleanly.

"Oh my god, I'm pretty proud of us," Chrissy says giving me a high five.

"Me too," I say with a big smile. Our dorm looks perfect. A pink fluffy rug lies in between our beds. The big window compliments both of our desks in front of it, my candle sits perfectly on my white desk.

The big closet on Chrissy's side holds our clothes and a large mirror hangs on the door, a small fridge stays under our desks along with a trash can.

"let's call it a day? And maybe have an old fashioned girls night?" she asks and I nod with excitement.

"we can be on my bed this time." I say with a smile and she nods. Yet again Chrissy lays out everything we could possibly need onto my new fuzzy blanket.

"I need someone to gossip with, plus my mom brought over a lot of snacks for me, that I'm going to share with you of course." She says with a smile and I giggle.

"Your nails grow pretty fast." She says with amazement.

"yeah they do but I never really keep them long, I always cut them down."I explain.

"Really? Oh my god no, this time I'm not letting you cut them, they're so pretty." I smile before choosing the nude colored polish.

"good choice." She says as she files my long nails into an almond shape.

"I wanted to work in a nail salon once but that was back when I was a kid and didn't know that income mattered." She explains.

"Oh, You don't want to anymore?"

"No, It's not the career I want to take if you know what I mean, I want something a little more serious." She giggles at my question as she paints the beautiful colors onto my perfectly sculpted nails.

We both grab a cookie before I do her nails in return.

"So where are you from?" she asks.

"Ohio." I simply say as I paint a deep red onto her short fingernails.

"That's cool, I've never been there." She says.

"Where are you from?" I ask.

"Washington." She says as if it's the worst thing in the whole world.

"that's cool too." I say and she smiles. We paint our faces with a charcoal mask and sit back down, with snacks surrounding us.

"I can't wait for tonight, we still have to go food shopping you know . . . the four of us." She explains and I smile.

I'm excited about the trip but how things ended with Jacob last night makes me want to crawl under my new blanket and stay there.