Chapter 61

Miles's POV

"Fuck!" I yell, only to get looks thrown my way. I call her once more but yet again, no fucking answer.

"Pick up, pick up, pick the fuck up!" I yell into the phone but all I hear is that fucking robotic voice talking back at me.

"Hey! You need to calm down." Some loser shouts.

"You need to shut the fuck up." I bark before entering the house once more and this time Madison isn't here. 

The house is too crowded and I can't stand being here with a damn red cup in my hand. I rush up the stairs to make sure that, that bitch isn't still there but the bedroom is empty. I clench my jaw as I remember the look on Madison's face when she saw.

"Fucking shit." I breathe before entering the bathroom.

"Where the fuck are you Madison?" I ask into the mirror only to see my own fucking reflection staring back at me. I take a gulp of the spiked punch before unlocking the door but before I can leave I hear the dryer. 

I look at it for a split second before realizing there's something in it, spinning. I open the dryer and a black jacket pops out. I look at it confused before attempting to throw it into the small trash but a small necklace falls out.

"Madison," I say as I look at the necklace beneath me. It's the necklace she wore the first time I saw her. I clench my jaw and grip the jacket tightly before putting the necklace into the front pocket of my jeans before rushing downstairs, jacket in my hands.

"Make sure no one goes upstairs," I say to a curly-haired boy before exiting through the front door and squashing the cup in my hand before throwing it on the ground and rushing into my car. I have to find her, wherever she is. 

The car turns on and the engine roars as I push down on the gas pedal. I'm going to find her; wherever the fuck she is. I wipe the disgusting alcohol into my pants before passing every red light in hopes of finding that fucking blue car with my girl in it. I call her a few times but after no answer I dial Jacob. I sigh, waiting for his answer.

"Yo!" I smile to myself before brushing through my hair and speeding up.

"What do you want Miles?" His tone is harsh and annoying.

"I've got a little problem, it's Madison, she uh . . . she ran away from me." I breathe with a smile.

"As she should." He says and I grip the steering wheel hard enough for my knuckles to turn white.

"Jacob—" I start to warn him.

"Chrissy told me." He blurts out and I stop the car in the middle of the road, the tires screeching against the pavement.

"She what?" I ask harshly into the receiver.

"You heard me."

"God fucking damn it!" I yell, hitting the steering wheel.

"I told MAdison," Jacob says and I smirk into the rearview mirror and at the car behind me.

"We'll see about that," I say before ending the call and throwing the phone into the backseat before finally speeding up again.

Madison's POV

He doesn't care, how could I have been so stupid? Of course, he doesn't care; Miles never cared, not about Chrissy and not about me. I took something so special away from Chrissy and now I'm crying when the same is happening to me. Miles has called almost seventeen times but I haven't answered and I haven't looked at his messages either—I can't.

"Are you okay?" the girl asks as I sniffle.

"Yeah." I smile.

"Where should I drop you off?" she asks with a kind smile.

"Target is fine." I smile.

"Is it open this late?" the girl asks, looking around for the Target sign.

"Yeah, it, uh . . . it closes in half an hour." I manage and she stops the car in front of the store. I give her a smile and one last 'thank you' before heading inside the warm and large store. I'm greeted with red everywhere I go.

"Can I help you miss?" I hear behind me and I realize I've been standing in the same place for a few seconds.

"No, I'm fine." I turn around with a smile before heading into the makeup aisle. I need something to cover up the tears I'm holding in and the dark circles that will start to form. I grab a mascara, a concealer, and a hairbrush for my tangled hair.

"Miss, we're about to close." The same woman says and I smile at her with a small nod. I realize that I forgot my jacket in the dryer and hurry to the clothing section. 

I find a grey hoodie with a silver zipper. The inside is warm and I quickly put it on before heading to the register.

"Will that be all?" she asks, scanning the tag off my sweater. 

I nod before paying for the items and exiting the store. I didn't think this whole thing through, the only thing I wanted was to get away from Miles and for there to be no way for him to find me and now I'm stuck with nowhere to go. 

I look up at the night sky before my eyes fill with tears and I let a few of them spill. If I manage to get a train tonight, I'll be in Ohio tomorrow morning. I gulp knowing that I'll miss the test tomorrow, but I can't go back. 

I need to go back home. Washington isn't for me, it never has been, the only thing that made this place feel more like home was Jacob, Chrissy, and Miles, but now that I've hurt Jacob and Chrissy and Miles hurt me, I have nothing here. I call an uber and rush into the car.