prologue

"Where are you going mama?", a little girl asked as her parents rush around their house. "We are just going to drop your brother off at soccer baby", her mother says - but there's hesitation in her eyes, the same eyes she shares with her daughter - "We will be back later, but you need to stay here".

"Ok mama", she then looks at her brother "bye Cammy, good luck".

"Thanks Lexi" her brother waves, and with that, her parents and brother walk out the door without looking back and the girl goes back to playing with her barbies.

Two days later
It's been two days and the little girl's parents still haven't returned, she decides to go outside and look for some help. After walking around for almost 2 hours, the girl found herself lost in a dark alley. It was cold so she huddled up to the wall and started crying, she missed her brother and her parents. Suddenly there was a large hand on her shoulder, she looked up to find a man in his 30's with a scar running from his eyebrow to the bottom of his chin. "Hello, my name's Dominic Rodríguez but you can call me Dom. What's your name angel?" Dom said, with a soft and kind voice.

"Alexa" the girl whispered.

"Well Alexa, you're safe now, would you like to come with us?" he asked, with a small smile. Alexa nods and the man helps her up and carries her to a sleek black SUV.  They get in the back and the girl snuggles into Dom's side. The last thing she heard before she fell into the darkness was "la familia es más profunda que la sangre". She had no idea what it meant but knew it was important.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

comment your thoughts - don't hate tho - as i said this is my first book happy to take suggestions hope you enjoy  :P

P.S. the rest of the book is in first person