-:- chapter 21 -:- trust -:-

"Alexaaaaaaaa!!" and sounds like Carlos has arrived. After 20 minutes of assuring him that I was fine he backed off and we started in making a plan to get the girls back.

"I'll call Dom. We are going to need backup when we do find them and we have the best of the best in new York." I suggest to the group, I would have laughed at the look of fear and the way they visibly gulped at the mention of Dom's name is it weren't for the fact that 2 of my friends were missing and my parent are trying to kill me.

"uh yeah you do that and in the meantime we will get are best men working of finding them." Brayden replied. Nodding I walked into the other room to make the call. But for five minutes I paced back and forth hitting my phone on my hand. He's going to be so pissed I didn't tell him this as soon as I found out.

Oh well here goes nothin'

"hello?" oh yeah I forgot that I broke my old phone so he doesn't know its me. maybe if I start in a cheery voice it would soften the blow.

"holla papa"

"ahh mi hija, what did you do or what do you need?" okey offended why would he just assume that I did something.

"why would you think that I did something?"

"because of that tone in your voice, its to happy you either did something or you want something" he chuckled "remember I raised you and Carl I know everything about you."

"um-well-you see-we umm." I start to ramble un-sure of how to start.

"come on Alexa just spit it out"

"Ifoundthepeopletryingtokillme" I said so fast it sounded like one word.

"WHAT!!!" he yelled so loud I had to take the phone away from my ear to prevent me from becoming deaf.

"well I have good news and bad news so what do you want first?" I'm so in trouble.

"um bad news I guess" he said sighing.

"bad news is that they kidnaped two of my friends, the good news is that I know who they are..."

"well who is it?" well here goes'.

"it's a gang called The Reapers led by Linda & Robert Scott."

"where have I heard those names... Wait Scott as in..." he drones off as if unable to finish the sentence.

"my biological parents. Yep the very people who gave birth to me are trying to kill me"

"what do you need Alexa?" I could tell he was trying to keep his cool and probably resisting the urge to smash something. Even though we're not blood related we have that in common.

"I need our best men technical and fighters, the base down here can house up to 100 people plus the few hotels we own so there really no limit also notify uncle tio Luis that we may need his help in the coming weeks." I list off

"I have no worries for when I retire you are already sounding like and great leader." I could tell he was smiling to himself, he always does when he talks about Carl and I taking over. I don't because it always sound as if he's dying and I cant stand the thought of loosing him. "what else do you need mi hija?" he whispered

"I need my dad" I whispered back.

"I'm on my way." And I knew he was. He hung up after that and I walked out onto the back porch.

I think this is becoming my new favourite place. I might just stay out here for a few minute Ace still hasn't come out of his room yet but I think I heard something smashing so that's not a good thing. "what are you still doing out here?" Brayden. He must not trust me because ever since I got back he rarely leaves me alone or glancing at me from across the room.

"just thinking." I replied sighing it was a really beautiful night more stars than I have ever seen.

"what are you thinking about?" in the short time I've known him I have noticed that he likes to ask a lot of questions.

"you don't trust me that's why you keep looking at me and never leaving me alone for to long." I decided to voice my thoughts see what he had to say but instead of saying something he just moved until he was right in front of me.

"did you ever think that I was just worried about you" he moved another step toward me so I could now feel his breath on my face.

"why would you be worried about me?" no one outside of my close circle has ever worried about me not even the rest of the gang because they know I can handle myself.

"because I care about you, I don't know why but I do. I was taught from a young age that feelings made you weak. But then you came and everything changed, soddenly I wanted to know everything about you and I was constantly worried whenever I didn't know where you were."

Before I could even process what he said his lips were on mine. On instinct my arms went around his neck and his around my waist. Eyes fluttered shut and everything else faded away. The kiss was sweet and soft not demanding but was didn't last long before he pulled away but didn't let go of me. we just stood there and stared at each other.

"sorry- you need sleep come on." He pulled me along but I wasn't paying attention to wear we were going, I think I was in shock. Trust me I'm no sweet little innocent virgin nut I've never had a boyfriend or anything like that. Having a boyfriend requires trust and something I have very little of.

By the time we got to what I recognised as his room I was almost asleep on my feet. "you can take the bed I'll take the floor." I laid on the bed and Brayden turned the lamp off and went to walk away but I grabbed his arm and stopped him "stay."

I could faintly see him nod his head and go around to the other side. I felt the bed dip and he got under the cover before I rolled over and snuggled into his chest felling his warmth as his arms wrapped around me.

For the first time in a long time I felt truly safe.

And that was a strange feeling.

Brayden's POV:

Peace.

that's what I felt when snuggled into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her small frame. She fell asleep instantly which is understandable considering all she's been through.

She's so dangerous yet so small and fragile, she think no one notices but I do, I notice the way she blames herself for everything, overrun by guilt. She thinks she's a lost cause but I know she can be saved. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - sorry i know this is late and I've been really slack but it was my first week back and the work is killing me. 

words - 1177