-:- chapter 5 -:- meeting the gang -:-

"You're weak". Kick. Punch.

"Pathetic",  he punched me in the face again, while his friends just laughed. I would have fought back but they had been doing this to me all day, my body was covered in blood and littered in cuts and bruises. The man twists the knife that is in my shoulder. "AHHHHHHH", I couldn't keep in my scream I was so tired.

"See you're just a weak, pathetic, little girl" he spat in my face. I'd been here for a month and every day was the same. How could they do this to a 13 year old girl? I'm just a kid, I mean I'm not a normal kid, but still.

"And you're a coward, beating on a kid" I say, with the last of my strength. BANG.

I shot up in my bed, breathing hard and covered in sweat. "Just a dream", I say to myself. Looking at the clock next to my bed tells me it's 2:18am. Stupid nightmares. I hadn't had a whole night's sleep in almost four years, not since that night, not unless I'm knocked out. Sighing, I get out of bed and get changed into some workout clothes. I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep, so I might as well go train.

When I get down to the training room, I stretch and start on the treadmill to warm up for ten minutes. Next, I move onto some weights for about half an hour. Moving on, I set up a punching bag and start hitting it with all my strength. I go at it with all my pent up anger. I'm angry that I can't help Dom, angry that I have to hide, angry I have to go to school tomorrow and most of all I'm pissed that this so-called Bullet almost beat me. Nobody beats me, I'm the best of the best. I've been training since I was 6, made my first kill at 8 protecting my family, became the Death Angel at 14 and was the best assassin to walk the earth by 15. But for some reason, I couldn't beat him. What confused me even more is why I couldn't get those damn silvery grey eyes out of my head. That just annoyed me even more.

I must have blacked out, because I only just realised the two arms, wrapping around me from behind, making me stop punching. I know these arms. "You back, AJ" Carl asked, referring to whether I could hear him and wasn't still blacked out anymore. I sink into his arms, only now realising how exhausted my body is.

"Yeah, I'm here" I sigh, turning around to hug him. "What time is it?"

"Almost 6 o'clock." 

I gasp, I've been hitting that bag for almost four hours. Just as I think this, I feel a warm liquid on my knuckles, I pull out of the hug and look at them.

"Shit." I forgot gloves, so now my knuckles are all busted up and bleeding. Walking into the bathroom in the gym, I take out the first aid kit and start cleaning them. When Carl walks in and takes over, I sit on the bench looking at what he's doing. We sit in silence for what seems like forever, before he breaks it. "AJ, how long have you been here?" concern laced in his voice. He looks into my eyes, and I see the worry in them as he waits for my answer.

"Almost 4 hours" I whisper, so quietly I wasn't sure if he heard it until he replied.

"Another nightmare?" I just nod, getting off the bench. "It's not just that though is it?" 

God damn I can't keep anything from them, can I? I hesitate before answering, "I'm angry". I let out a weak laugh, I'm always angry. "I'm so mad, that I can't do anything to help Dom. And that Bullet, why couldn't I beat him? Am I going soft? No, that's not an option. I will find out who he is." 

I smile, and look up at Carl, "so, what are you making your amazing best friend for breakfast?" I love food, but I can't cook for shit.

"God, there is something wrong with you" he laughs. "C'mon I'll make some pancakes".