-:- chapter 16 -:- kyah -:-

It takes 2 hours to get to the warehouse because it was on the other side of down is some rundown part of town. We have no idea what we're running in on so everyone is a little nervous, we took 3 vans and a car 8 guys, and girls of course its just easier to just say guys, in each van plus me, Carl, Des and Lorenzo.

When we get too the place one van packed half a mile down the road and was set up with the blueprints of the building trackers and earpieces and a bunch of other techy stuff that I have no idea how to work.

"boss a group of use went around with the thermo cameras and we aren't picking up anyone around it and no one on the first floor." I think his name was Cody came up to me.

I didn't like the sound of that, all gangs know that if you have something stored somewhere it needs to be guarded no matter how small, either this gang is extremely cocky and confident or there is nothing here.

"alright. EVERYBODY GATHER ROUND!" they all do as instructed and I begin my plan "We have no idea what's in that building or if it might be a trap, so group 1 your with me we will breach first, Lorenzo your with group 2 on standby, Carl I want you on coms. Focus everyone." We repeat the mantra like last time.

We all get ready and sneak up to the door there was about 5-6 people in my group some had their guns out and others had knives in hand. I kicked down the door and was met with nothing but an empty storage warehouse. Like completely empty nonthin' but dirt and dust.

I put my figure on my ear to activate coms "its empty, group 2 is free to come in now and help with the search." As soon as I finished Lorenzo's group flooded in and I began to look around until I heard Carls voice in my ear.

"umm AJ there something in the basement I think you'll want to see." Why is he in the basement I thought he was in the tech van.

"Carl wtf, I thought I told you to stay with the coms."

"just get down here." Ugh alright. When I find the stairs at the back and when I get down them I see a narrow hall but instead of walls there was bars, a prison. "Yo Carl were you at."

"down the back." He replied, so following his voice leads me all the way to the back. There I found Carl crouched down in the corner of one of the cells. Looking over his shoulder I saw a small figure cowering right in the corner.

Their cloths were covered in dirt and torn from what I could see they had no shoes on and blood all over their body. "Carl what going on? Who is this?" he stands up and grabs my arm pulling me away a little bit.

"AJ I found her in here, she in bad shape but she wont even look at me. I can't even imagen the horrible things they did to her. Please we gotta help her, remember you guys helped me when I was in her position 10 years ago."

"ok, ok we can take her back but if she is a threat to our gang..." he nods his head knowing where I was going with that speech. Walking over to the girl I bend down to her level and speak softly and try not to scare her "Hi, hey. Look my names Alexa and were here to help, I promise we wont hurt you but we gotta get out of here. My friend here." I point to Carl "His name is Carl, he may look scary but underneath he's just a big teddy bear" Carl looks at me and I just let out a little chuckle.

By now the girl has lifted her head and looks a little more comfortable with our presents although she is still shaking. When she tried to stand she instantly fell back down but luckily Carl was there to catch her.

"whoa, now careful darling. Here I'll carry yo-. And she's passed out."

"alright get her to our car we will take her back to the medical unit at the base." He nods and start walking back out of the basement. When we get out the lights are on so it looks like they managed to get the power running. But everyone is huddled around one wall.

As soon as they notice me in the room they part and I see what there looking at. On the wall in red paint that was made to look like blood were the words 'We are the Reapers and we've come for the top, starting with you, Alexa Rodriguez'

Oh fuck.

****

"boss she's awake."

Ok let's get this over with. I have been passing outside of the girl we founds hospital room for I don't know how long it's been, but I need to know if she knows anything or if she is one of them. Although by the way she was left behind and the condition she was left in I'd say she was a prisoner and for a fair while to.

And when people think your never getting away they tend to let their guard down and spill a few secrets. So with a deep breath I push open the door open and walk in.

I find her laying on her hospital bed reaching for the glass of water on the table beside her but freezes when she me and instantly puts her head down and shrinks back into the bed. Poor girl.

"Hi I'm Alex-" but before I could finish she beat me to it.

"I know who you are. Your Alexa Rodriguez, they showed me pictures of you." she said coldly. but how the fuck did they get pictures of me. right now all i have to focus on is finding out who she is and what she knows.

"what's you name honey?"

"it's Kyah"

"ok Kyah, do you know how long you've been with them?"

"they killed my family when I was 10, took me and I've been there ever since, there was a boy in there as well but they took him with them." There was sadness in her eyes when she spoke about the boy.

"how old are you?" my curiosity got the best of me.

"I'm 17 but the boy was only 10 please you have to help me get him back, we cant lave him with those monsters." Panic raising her voice.

"hey, hey I promise we will do everything we can to get him back. But we need you to tell us everything you know about the people who took you?"

"I never met the leaders but there was one name that some of the guards said when they didn't know I was listening..." she trails off probably reliving that day.

"Kyah focus. What was the name?"

"Robert Scott"

No, no, no, no, no, no.

I walk out of the room and click on Carls contact and as soon as he answers I talk "we have a serious problem."

"what's wrong AJ"

"I don't think my parent are dead."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - just felt like updating this early.

-picture of kyah up the top if she hadn't been held prisoner for the past 7 years. shout out to my cousin who is the inspiration for Kyah mainly because her name is kyah and i have no imagination.

please vote :)

words - 1240