-:- chapter 1 -:- MOVING!!-:-

The music was pumping, people were drinking, dancing and I was... well, I was flat out bored. Lifting my drink to my lips as I scan the crowd at the club looking for my target, I spot him over in the V.I.P section and internally gag at all the slutty half naked girls sitting around him. I mean, the man's old enough to be their father - it's disgusting. He has security guards so I would look too suspicious if I went up to him, I guess I'll just have to make him come to me.

The perfect song came on and I put my drink down and went to the middle of the dance floor, I start swaying my hips then move into some more technical moves, I see people start to make a circle around me giving me more space while clapping to the beat. I danced until the song ended and the circle collapsed, and slipped past them back to the bar to get another drink. "Hey man" I yell over the music to get the bartender's attention. When he looks over I ask for a fruity drink to keep in character, even though I won't be drinking it, and just as I expect the guy at the bar hands me my drink and says "your drink was paid for". With a smirk on my face, I ask "by who?" playing the innocent card.

"By me" a deep voice from behind me comments. I turn to find my target standing behind me. Bingo.

"Oh yeah, and who might you be?" I replied, though I knew who he was: John Kennedy, age 45, owner of the million dollar company Kennedy & co. The sad part was almost all of that money was from selling the drugs he stole from my gang and that doesn't stand.

"The name's John"

" Anna. Now what can I do for you, John" I whisper to him in the most seductive voice I could muster while leaning towards him.

"How about we get out of here?" he pulls me closer, I nod and lead him to the back alley. When I push him against the wall I see lust in his eyes and smirk. Without breaking eye contact, I reach down to my thigh holster grip gun and quickly press it to his temple, I watch and the lust is now replaced with shock and fear.

"W-who are y-you?" he stuttered out which just made me smirk harder.

"I'm the Dark Angel", I say - recognition flashed over his face, yeah I may have a bit of a reputation - "oh and Dominic says hola.

He pleaded with me to let him live, but that was not an option so I leaned in and whispered "la muerte ha venido por ti" (death has come for you), and with that - I step back and shoot him right between the eyes. I walk away and toss the untraceable gun in the trash, the gun only had one bullet and I was wearing a glove so there was no way it could be pinned on me. Once I get on my bike that I had kept further down the alley I call my best friend Carlos "hey man, tell Dom the job's done". "Sure thing", he replies. "Oh and I'm gonna need the clean-up crew in the back alley", I add. After that, we say goodbye and I head home.

Well I guess I should introduce myself, my name's Alexa Rodríguez, I'm 17, 5'3, have aqua blue eyes, blond hair and fair skin.

I was adopted when Dominic found me in an alley when I was 6. All I remember is my family leaving me in the house to take my twin brother to soccer. That's the last time I saw them. Dom took me in and raised me as his own. I'm not going to lie it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, turns out he was the leader of the biggest gang in the country. I was trained from then on and now I'm the best fighter and assassin in the whole gang. I've been kidnapped, tortured and some other not-so-nice things, but I always made it back to my family. We run by a code "la familia es más profunda que la sangre" meaning family runs deeper than blood, and my family is the Cuchillos Negros (not the people that left me when I was 6) meaning Black Knives in Spanish. We are named this because our signature weapon and skills are with throwing knives.

When I pulled up to the house, which is really more of a mansion, I parked my bike and ran inside. I live here with Dom, his wife and 7 others that are in the gang's close circle: my best friend Carlos-17, Lorenzo-24, Rafael-18, Fernando-20,  Arlo-15, Dante-17, and Lorenzo's wife Emilia-23. Emilia isn't in the gang but knows everything because of an incident that happened a few years ago.

I see some of the guys in the kitchen eating so I sneak up and snag a few fries from Rafael and run to the fridge. "Hey, get back here you fry stealing demon" he yells, making the others laugh. I grab a juice out of the fridge and take a seat at the counter.

"Really, fry stealing demon that the best you got?" I answer chuckling to myself, while checking my phone.

"Uh shut up" he grumbles, making the guys all laugh harder.

"Hey kid" Lorenzo greets me, walking in after a few minutes of comfortable silence. I nod my head in return. "Boss wants to see you, me and Carlos in his office to-" he gets cut off, as Carlos and I push past racing to Dom's offices. We shove and yell at each other the whole way - we really are still little kids at heart and always competing with each other - until I get a great idea, I turn the corner and stick out my foot just as he rounds the corner. He trips and kisses the ground. HA. "Ooooooffff" he says, as he face-plants the floor. I burst out laughing, so much that I end up on the floor as well. "You are so going to pay for that AJ", he calls me AJ because my middle is Joana, and I call him CJ because his is Jackson. Before he can get off the floor I jump up and sprint to the office and bust through the door yelling "Dommie, don't let him get me" while still laughing, ducking behind Dom's desk chair while he sits at his desk smiling. Then Carlos walks in rubbing his face.

"Angel, did you trip CJ again?", Dom asks. The amusement was as clear as day on his face.

"Yes" "No" Carl and I say at the same time, causing him to glare at me.

"I did not".
"Did too".
"Did not".
"Yes".
"No".
"YOU DID TOO".

"Ok okay, calm down kids, I have some news" Dom interrupts our banter just as Lorenzo walks in.

"What's up boss" he asked, as we all take a seat in front of Dom's desk.

"So you all know how we have been getting more and more threats on Angel?" Angel is what Dom has called me since I was 6. We all nod. Because I'm the top assassin, heaps of gangs either want me to join them or want to kill me, and lately we have had multiple gangs tried to kidnap me. A few succeeded to catch me, just not keep me. "Well I have decided that it would be best if you take a little break. So, what I'm trying to say is... I'm sending you to San Francisco."

"YOU'RE WHAT??" 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

first chapter done, hope you like it - open for suggestions for the story

words - 1286