-:- chapter 18 -:- pancakes -:-

Alexa's POV:

Its 2am and I can't sleep, sometimes I don't even know why I try. So without waking the others up I sneak out onto the back deck to get some fresh air.

After we finished cleaning up the mess of nerf bullets and turning the couches over the right way it was 11 pm and everyone was tired and decided to go to bed, so we set up the sleeping bags in living room and most of them were asleep before their heads hit the pillows. Man that must be nice.

"couldn't sleep?" I turn around and see Brayden standing behind me only wearing a pair of grey joggers, and damn, I couldn't help but admire his abbs covered in tattoos. "you done checking me out?" he chuckles leaning on the post opposite me so we were facing each other.

"oh like I haven't caught you staring at me more than once."

"maybe I was just curious"

"oh yeah curious about what?"

"who you are." He narrows his eyes at me

"well I Alexa." I answer with a slightly cheeky tone.

"okey Alexa, where'd you get the Spanish accent?"

"desde españa idiota. ¿dónde más?" (from Spain you idiot. Where else?. I said in a duh tone.

"yeah I have no idea what you said. I only know English and Ace"

"Ace has his own language? Who am I kidding of course he does?"

We both laugh then look out into the darkness for a bit.

"Can I ask you a question?" My curiosity always wins.

"Go ahead"

"What do all the tattoos mean?"

I saw some sadness flick through his eyes but he still didn't look at me.

"Umm they all have different meaning, which one?"

He had a girls face right i the middle of his chest. "who's the girl?"

A small smile forms when he looks down at the tattoo "my little sister?"

"didn't know you have a sister?" I wonder where she is.

"there's a lot you don't know about me." he said mocking me from a few weeks ago. But then his eyes drop with sadness "she umm she was taken away from me after our parents died, I couldn't get her back but I was able to put her in this tight security day-care thing. She's 6 and the sweetest girl you will ever meet, but I'm only allowed to see her once a fortnight"

I saw the sadness fill his whole face before he quickly tried to mask it up. He must really love his sister. It didn't take long for him to turn the questions on me though.

"my turn, what happened 4 years ago?" I do know what it is about him or maybe I'm just that sleep deprived but something makes me feel safe, like I could tell him anything. Obviously I can't tell him everything.

"well um 4 years ago I was kidnaped by a group of guys in their 30's. they kept me for a few days beat me, starved me. one of them they took a liking to me and he ahh he forced himself on me." I started to shake relieving the memories and how weak I felt. I hate feeling weak but every time I talk or think about this I feel so weak and helpless.

"Jesus, I'm so sorry lex,. That should never have happened to you" he stands up and comes and hugs me. I melt into his arms and we stay that way for want feels like hours.

Which turns out it was hours because next thing I new the sun was coming up. "it's beautiful" I breath out.

"your awake?" bray asked although it was move like statement.

"but I wasn't asleep." How could I have been to sleep there were no nightmares no faces haunting my dreams.

"yeah you were. You fell asleep at about 2:45 its almost 6:30. Did you know you snore?" I jumped out of his arms and faced him again.

"I do not." I say defensively even though I really have no clue.

"whatever you say lex, c'mon lets go make breakfast." I agree and we head inside, I have yet to tell him that I cant cook.

We decide not to wake he others up get since its still early and just wait for them to smell the waffle and wake up themselves. We're in the kitchen and Brayden is shuffling around doing god knows what and I was happy to just stand there and admire from afar considering he still hadn't put a shirt on.

Until he ruined it "can you crack that egg into the bowl?" oh shit.

"sure." I slowly walk over to where the egg was while he moves to go through the cupboard. Ok all I gotta do is tap it on the bowl then split it open, don't get any shell in the bowl. Don't get any shell in the bowl. "shit" I got shell in it.

"what did you do?" Bray said making his way over to me. "how did you even get al that shell in there in mean I sear there more shell then egg." He spends 10 minutes trying to get all the egg out then gives me the job of mixing it all together.

And I screw that up too. I was almost done when I managed to splash it all over the bench and even some on my face. "goddamn it!" I put the bowl and the thingy with the curvy wires you use to mix shit up, down on the bench and turn around to find a cloth.

But instead I find Brayden standing there laughing at me "what are you laughing at Miller?" this is not funny.

"oh nothing but you got a little something riiiight there" he takes his thumb and wipes some batter of my cheek, then eats it off his figure, damn that was hot. No cant be thinking that.

"I'm going to clean up... this" I said pointing to my face so I find the closest bathroom and decide to take a shower and brush my teeth while I'm at it.

By the time I'm done its around 7:30 and I could hear the others starting to get. Walk into the kitchen and everyone is already at the bench eating the pancakes and carl especially seems to be enjoying his so I decide to play a little trick on him.

"morning guys, enjoying the pancakes I made." I look at Brayden and silently him not to say anything. Carl immediately stops and looks horrified and spits out his mouthful.

"everyone spit out your pancakes we need to see a doctor." The funny part is he's not joking.

"what's wrong with the pancakes?" I said innocently.

"YOU! You made them that's what's wrong with them. You cant cook if it were to save your life. Remember 3 months ago when you tried to cook you gave me food poisoning for a week and a half." Oh yeah, that was funny.

"relax all she did was crack the egg and mix it" Brayden chimed in.

"no she can't have cracked the egg." Carl, always doubting me.

"why not?" me and Brayden said at the say time.

"because these aren't crunchy" he said pointing to his pancakes. I waved him off and went and got my own pancakes but when I sat down I notice everyone else looking at their breakfast nobody eating.

"you guys know its safe to eat right, Brayden took al the eggshells out and that was the only part I did. Alright?" they look sceptical but continue eating anyway.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - I know this is a short chapter. but school work has got me brain dead so just thought i'd make this chapter a bit funny. honestly i can't cook to save my life either. 

please vote :) and comment i'd love suggestion of were you want this book to go.   

words - 1279